chapter 12

( Bold+italic ones are the past events)

Nearly an year passed since their marriage. Khushi couldn't thank her devi maiyaa enough for what she has given her. She never thought that an orphan like her can get so much happiness in her life. Everyday with her Arnavji was ever more beautiful than the previous one. And with the Raizadas she never felt like she was new to the family well except mamiji. Dont know why mamiji never liked her. But she didnt bother about that.

But things started changing when Shyam's cousin sister Sheetal came into the picture. Sheetal was a modern yet cultured girls or thats what the Raizadas thought about her. They insisted Sheetal to stay with them in RM but she refused politely.

Soon Sheetal got a job in Arnav's office due to Anjali's insistence. She seemed to be nice but don't know why Khushi always had a negative vibe about her. The way she used to look at Arnav, Khushi didnt like that. But she had immense trust in her Arnavji so she kept all the thoughts aside. Though initially everything was fine but problems started when one day Anjali had a miscarriage.

That day, boys of the family went to their works and nani, mami and payal went to nani's friend's house. Anjali couldn't go because of her pregnancy and Khushi didn't go because she had to stay with her. Not only that but she had another reason. These days Arnavji had been too busy even to spend some time with her because of a business contract. But today his work was going to complete so he told Khushi that they would spend some time togather after he comes back from office. And Khushi was trying her best to make the day correction the night a beautiful one.

She checked on Anjali and asked her if she needed something to which she replied no. So she went to her room into the kitchen. She had given Hp, the servant a leave as there was no much work. She was humming a tune when suddenly she heard a loud scream. She ran out to see what happened and saw something which she never wanted to recall. Anjali was lying infront of the stairs clutching her tummy. "Ahh Khushiji.... my baby". She was whimpering in pain.

" Di, di apko kuch nahi hoga. ( di nothing will happen to you). I will take you to the hospital." Khushi said as she sat beside her.

She didn't know what to do. She couldn't take Anjali to the hospital herself and there was no one in the house. Dont know from where she got the strength and made Anjali stood up. She somehow managed to walk up to the gate and called the guards for help.

Both sat in the car. Anjali was losing her consciousness and Khushi was constantly patting her cheeks to keep her conscious. " please di dont close your eyes. We are near the hospital. Everything will be okay." Khushi said in between her own sobs.

After what felt like eternity, they reached hospital and Anjali was immediately taken to the operation theatre. 30 minutes passed and there was no news from the doctors. Khushi was standing outside the OT and praying in her mind," Please devi maiyaa, un dono ko kuch na ho. Hum apne aap ko kabhi maaf nahi kar sakte hain agar unhe kuch ho gaya. ( please devi maiyaa, dont let anything happen to them. If something happens I will never be able to forgive myself) "

After a while she spotted Arnav who just arrived there. Without caring for anything else, she just ran to him and hugged him tightly. "Arnavji I *sob* I dont know *sob* how.... "

Khushi realized Arnav didn't hug her back but she didn't care. Obviously he was shocked. All of the family has now reached the hospital. Everyone was consoling Shyam who had came there from his business trip.

The doctor came out of the operation theatre. "I am sorry. We couldn't save the baby. The mother is still unconscious. You guys can meet her but dont disturb her."