the ghost crew

Kanan and Echo arrived where The Ghost was hidden in the valley of a few mountains just before nightfall. Imperial patrols would be going out soon so once they were on the ship they had to get going.

 Kanan led her on board and to the main room where the other members of the crew sat. A Lasat, a Twi'lek, a girl in Mandolarian armor, A girl with very pretty black and purple hair, and a blue haired boy all sat together talking. The Twi'lek turned when Kanan and Echo entered but stopped at the sight of the Echo.

"Kanan?" She raised an eyebrow, looking at the taller man as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Kanan, this is like the second child you've brought back, are yoh collecting an entourage?" The black haired girl asked teasingly but grinned at him. The blue haired boy threw a small, loose pebble at her and she batted it away, sticking her tongue out at him.

"Hey, guys." He put on a smile that he probably hoped would distract them from the other person standing with him. The Twi'lek, Hera, continued to look at him, not at all fooled by his smile. "Okay, with the look your giving me I'm guessing youre probably very angry and or confused."

"Let's go more confused first." The twi'lek replied, raising an eyebrow. They spoke while Echo looked around at the other four members of the crew. The blue haired boy made eye contact with her for a split second before looking quickly away and at Kanan as he said the words 'This is my sister.'

Everyone fell very silent and Echo rocked back onto her heels, feeling uncomfortable. "Hi," She said, trying to break the silence but not be somehow rude about it. 

"And you just brought her-" The Lasat started to say when Hera glared glared at him.

"Yeah, and what about it?" The dark haired girl shot back before Hera could speak.

Echo bit her tongue and listened the interaction while looking at the floor. It was a little dirty but with six members of a crew walking through there on a daily basis, she wasn't surprised. 

She had zoned out, staring at the floor, trying not to get her hopes up for being able to stay. Kanan seemed up to it, the others though, not so much. 

"Eli-" Echo snapped out of her daze at the beginning of her name and looked at Kanan. "Echo," He corrected himself quickly then nodded his head towards Hera who had been joined by small astromeck without her realizing. The thing was orange and she already got the vibe that it was mean but the rest of the crew scooting away from it.

"Do you have any experiences in being in a crew?" Hera asked again, her voice was gentle, like a mother's, and it calmed Echo's nerves

"Uh-yeah," she nodded slowly. She didn't like to remember her experience from the last crew she had been apart of but sometimes that just had to happen. "I was with a crew of three other people for about two years. They trained me as a mechanic so any damage I can help with."

"It would be nice to have someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to repairs." Hera glared at the Lasat and the boy with blue hair. The orange droid next to her whirred and put it's 'hand' basically on it's hips. 

"Hey! That's not fair!" The blue haired boy shot back at Hera quickly. "Chopper and Zeb are always getting in the way! Maybe if just one of us did it-"

"Or if you could just work together." Echo said quietly, not exactly to the boy but in general. She realized it could've sounded rude but the way he was coming across did make it sound like they could work together better. Hera had a 'shes not wrong' look on her face and the Mandolarian who hadn't spoken let out a laugh.

"What's with the bad attitude?" The boy shot at Echo who glared back at him. 

"What's with the bad..." She scanned him up and down, trying to find something to point out before she got to his hair. "Hair cut?" She finished, crossing her arms.

"Aw, I like her!" The Mandolarian laughed and went to stand next to Echo and pat her shoulder. "I'm Sabine."

The dark haired woman also joined Sabine. "Sorry all, but this is my new favorite member of the crew." She said, pointing to Echo. "I like your hair, by the way." She added quietly. 

"I like yours too." Echo replied with a smile.

"She would be a valuable asset to the team. And she's your sister." Hera looked over at Sabine, Echo, and Lexie then smiled a little. "Welcome to the crew, Specter-8." The boy humphed and Sabine's smile grew. "By the way, that's Ezra, Zeb, and Chopper." Hera pointed to them all in turn.

Zeb walked over to Echo and put a furry hand on her shoulder. "Good luck. You'll need it." He said, then walked off laughed. 

Ezra's blue eyes and Echo's turquoise ones met for a short moment but neither of them looked happy to be in the other's presence. "Welcome to the crew." Ezra mumbled.

- the calm before the storm.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें