call to action

"Senator Trayvis, now that you've recommitted yourself to the Empire, will your followers do the same?" The holonet on the Ghost was on, projecting the image of Gail Trayvis speaking with an Imperial officer. Zeb, Hera, Lexie, and Echo sat around the table, watching the interaction with varying levels of disgust and contempt. The door to the lounge slid open, letting Kanan, Sabine, and Ezra into the room as the conversation on the holonet continued.

"Most will, Alton," Trayvis answered. "These were good people who simply wanted to make the Empire a better place, peacefully. But I'm afraid these insurgents," Trayvis switched to a 3-D image of the Ghost crew. Hera glared at it. "Have twisted my message into something violent and frightening. Of course, I can't abide by that. So I'm personally offering a reward for their capture."

Zeb scoffed. "Karabast. Shut it off."

Hera shut the holonet off. "Still makes me sick to think that Trayvis is working for the Empire."

"Every time we win, we lose," Ezra said, disappointment lacing his tone.

Kanan set a hand on his shoulder. "Well, I have a plan that might just even the score. If Trayvis can do it, we can do it too."

"What, we're gonna send out some kind of inspirational type messages?" Zeb asked, rolling his eyes at the idea.

"Exactly," Kanan affirmed. The crew stared at him for a second.

"Exactly?" Lexie repeated, her eyebrows raised.

"I'm not picking up what you're putting down here, Kanan," Echo said, gesturing between the two of them.

"Yeah, Kanan," Ezra wrinkled his nose at the fact that he was agreeing with Echo but continued. "What are you thinking? We can't just send out a signal. The Empire would track it in half a second."

Kanan's hands rested on his hips casually. "Not if the signal comes from one of its own towers."

Sabine snapped her fingers, grasping what Kanan meant now after stewing in confused silence. "Now I get it."

"You want to take control of an Imperial communications tower, which is pretty much impossible, and then you want to use it to send a message to the people of Lothal?" Ezra asked.

"Not just Lothal," Kanan said. "One of those big towers can reach a few systems."

"You're crazy," Echo said, then looked at Lexie. "He's crazy."

Lexie bit the inside of her cheek, thinking over Kanan's plan. "Kanan, this is kind of out there."

"That's why you like it," he said, grinning at her.

"What would we say in this message?" Ezra asked.

"Something the Empire never says, the truth." Chopper chirped in agreement with Kanan's statement. "We have to let people know what it's really like out here. Now, are you in?" He directed the question at Lexie and Hera. They were all the support he needed.

Hera and Lexie looked at each other. They both knew when Kanan got stuck on something, he was going to push through till the end. Hera nodded. "We're in," Lexie said.

— — — —

Kanan, Lexie, Sabine, and Ezra were scoping out the Imperial communications tower. They had parked their bikes off the main road, out of sight of any transports that would come down it, and they were laying flat on an arch above the road to remain out of sight.

"There it is," Kanan said. "The Empire's main communications tower on Lothal. It routes comm from every Imperial operation on the planet, including the Empire's HoloNet broadcast."