empire day

The Ghost Crew, minus Kanan and Ezra, ducked into an alleyway. 

"How long is Kanan going to keep going with him?" Zeb asked, looking around the corner to the spot on a hill where Kanan and Ezra were doing something.

"Who knows." Lexie replied, leaning around Zeb to look at them as well. 

"Kanan could go for hours, it depends on how long he'll put up with Ezra." Echo slid to the ground, resting against the wall behind her. 

"Good point." Zeb mumbled then looked up at the sound of TIE fighters flying above them. 

"Not to break up the shit talking fest," Jace cut in, pointing above them at the TIE's that Zeb had spotted as well, "but we have bigger problems.

"Yeah, that's not good." Hera's gaze followed the TIEs to the ground. "Good eye, good ears." She said to Zeb and Jace. 

Elara pulled Zeb back into the alley. "They're are on their way down here." 

"Oh joy." Sabine held out a hand to help Echo up and she accepted, pulling herself to her feet. 

"Let's get inside." Hera jerked her head towards the cantina's side door that they were next to.

- - - - - - - 

Kanan and Ezra made their way into the cantina a little after the rest of the crew. The others had split up around the room. Hera and Zeb sat together in a booth against a wall with Sabine leaning against the wall next to them, Jace and Elara sat together on the other side of the room while Lexie and Echo were together at the bar. Kanan and Ezra took spots at the bar as well, but put some distance between themselves and the girls. 

The stormtroopers had entered, one of them holding a holopad with a picture of a Rodian on it. One trooper stopped first at Hera and Zeb's table, where they said nothing. The pilot was called to where the other two troopers were with a Rodian. He glanced at the holopad then back at the Rodian before shaking his head. 

"He's not the one." He turned and made his way to the bar, placing himself in a spot that was between the two duos at the bar. 

The bartender turned around and set a drink in front of the trooper, only for him to slide it to the ground. " The Imperial HoloNet broadcast should play here at all times!" The trooper snarled. 

"No one's requested it for," the bartender tilted his head to the side, "well, ever."

The other two troopers stood on either side of the one already at the bar. "It's the law."

The bartender stared at them for a moment before turning the HoloNet broadcast on causing noise to fill the cantina.

"Because today is Empire Day, celebrating the 15th anniversary of the galaxy's salvation, when our great Emperor Palpatine ended the Clone Wars and founded our glorious Empire." Kanan and Lexie exchanged a look across the bar and Lexie rolled her eyes. "On Lothal, Governor Pryce has commissioned a parade!"

"Well that sounds fun." Echo muttered sarcastically. 

"Totally." Lexie muttered, taking a drink from her cup as the sound of static interrupted the broadcasting. 

"This is Senator-in-exile Gall Trayvis." Echo and Lexie looked at each other in surprise then back at the TV. "I bring more news the Empire doesn't want you to hear. I urge you to boycott all Empire Day celebrations to protest the ongoing injustices of the Imperial regime."

"Shut this off!" The stormtrooper banged his fist on the counter but the bartender shrugged. 

"Can't. It's the law." He said scathingly.