FAQ

The FAQ is divided into four sections: eligibility, judging, the Watty and nominations.

Who can join the Graphic Wattys?

Anyone with a Wattpad account and who has their work posted on their profile is welcome to join! For organisation purposes, we regret that we won't be able to accept entries by link-sharing websites such as Imgur.

How many categories can I join?

You can join as many categories as you want! However, to ensure fairness, you can only win in one category. Be satisfied with one Watty, designers - there's always next year, too, and any winner is called a Graphic Watty Award Winner regardless!

How many entries can I have in one category?

Two is the absolute limit since there are only so many of us, though you're welcome to submit in multiple categories! That would mean that as an individual, you're allowed to have 24 entries. (It'd be great if not everyone could do that, though!)

Can I submit the same graphic in multiple categories?

Nope! Please choose the category you think is the most applicable.

Can I join even if I've entered the Graphic Wattys in 2016 and 2018?

Yes!

Can I submit a graphic made as a collaboration and can a group account/group of individuals submit a graphic?

You can submit a graphic made as a collaboration, but you (the submitter) will be the one credited for the entry, not the person(s) you made the graphic with. It follows that a group account or group of individuals cannot submit a graphic.

Can I submit graphics made as a theme for a group account?

Yes, but you can only submit up to two graphics in the category that it's relevant in.

Can I put all my graphics into one chapter and submit that?

Yes, but please state the names of each individual graphic when you submit it in the relevant chapters! For example, you could say, 'I'm entering [insert link], and the covers I'm entering are [covername1] and [covername2].'

Will votes and comments be taken into consideration?

Not at all.

Does it matter how many followers I have?

No. While your followers might be indicative of your ability as a designer, we recognise that there are a lot of designers out there who are unrecognised and we want to make sure everyone has a chance to be... well, seen. 

Will there be a shortlist and a long list, like in the Wattys?

All entries will be added to a temporary public reading list on this profile. Winning entries will be added to a permanent public reading list, but there won't be a short or long list.

Is this affiliated with the actual Wattys?

Nope! This isn't run by Wattpad, nor is it a Wattpad-led endeavour involving graphic accounts.

What can I win?

As mentioned above, a Graphic Wattys award winner is termed as such. You'll receive a sticker you can put on your graphic book and a sash that you can sling across your profile picture to let everyone know who you are. Your graphic book, with which you won, will be added to a public reading list on this profile. As a bonus, you'll get recognition!

Can I win if I'm a previous winner of the Graphic Wattys?

Yes! Please note, though, that being a previous winner doesn't give you any advantage.

Will I get feedback on my entry?

Yes - on the condition that you submit before August 1st (GMT), so you're eligible as long as you submit before the 31st of July at 11:59pm GMT (6:59pm ET). If you want feedback, please indicate this in your comment when you apply!

How do I join?

Simply add the #GraphicWattys2020 tag to your book and submit the link to the relevant chapter/book in the following chapters!

Can I nominate myself to join?

Absolutely! This is about you as a designer, and you should be proud of what you've achieved so far. Please submit all nominations in the relevant chapters!

Can I nominate someone else?

It's awesome to see designers supporting designers, and we support that - and as such, you're encouraged to tag others to join the Graphic Wattys as well as nominate others in the NOMINATIONS chapter! (To be posted). Spread the word, because you're all brilliant and deserve to get recognised for your efforts.

Don't see your question here? Ask it in the comments below!

The Graphic Wattys is still not open to entries but we are working hard! Hopefully this answers some of your questions!