Day 1 Trust Issues

Read

Philippians 4:6-8
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Reflect

Pranks are common these days. Somehow, we get reminded to be cautious of what's around us because a lot of people might be fooling us around and make fun of us. Or, maybe even on a more serious offense, stab us in the back. It's a hassle, it's tiring, but we gotta be extra careful, or we get hurt.

Maybe that has been you since before. You can hardly trust anybody since you have already been hurt, betrayed, or left by someone whom you have trusted the most. You've guarded your heart too much that you protected it with walls nobody could ever break.

All the time when you're anxious about releasing a part of your life, you can hardly ask someone for help. It's hard to talk to someone about your fears and depression, or you have nobody to turn to when you need some practical advises about finances or, in general, on decision making.

It's okay to be cautious at some point, but if it already steals, kills, and destroys your joy, then you should go back to the source of life.

God says in Philippians 4:7 that it is not our own anxiousness and being cautious that should guard our hearts. It is the peace of God. Being anxious is the opposite of peace. It gives you nightmares and it actually troubles your heart instead of guarding it.

To overcome this struggle, run to God.

By prayer, let your requests be made known (Phil. 4:6). Tell Him all the things that's really in your heart, without filter and flowery words. Let His peace overtake your anxiety. He already knows the truth about your situation, might as well spill them out to Him.

Let the good things coming from Him make you trust Him again. Meditate on those good things (Phil 4:8) because the God who created your heart will give you joy, provisions, comfort, and peace.

Let Him guard your heart, because it is more secure in Him than in your own hands.

Respond

Are you still hurt by the relationships you've had? Pray to God to heal your heart and to remove the walls that hinder you to trust Him.

Pray for those people who have hurt you. Ask God for strength to speak blessings over them and forgive them.

_____

I hope you learned something in our Day 1.
Don't hesitate to share your insight below. :))

Don't forget to vote and share so others might see and read this, too.

God bless. ♡