Day 18 Resting in the Process

Read

Exodus 33:14
And he said, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

Reflect

You might think that God has given you a lot of tasks. At first, it did not matter because you were on fire, yet in the long run, you felt tired, frustrated, and drained. Too much expectations, too much rules to follow, too many things you need to do and not do.

But you can't stop and rest, because you might not make it to the deadline, or you might not receive what's waiting for you. Or you might compromise things or disappoint people. Stopping might give bad results. Resting just wouldn't help, you believe so.

Moses had it in the wilderness. Being appointed by God as the leader, he had a lot of tasks to do. He was frustrated not only by the fact that his people were rebellious against him and God, but also because they had been wandering for so long because of their disobedience. He was so agitated, and he just knew he can't rest, or it would take them longer at the desert. His responsibilities became a burden that weighed him down. This was so that he had to cry out to God, reminding Him of His promises (vv. 12-13).

Imagine Moses ranting to God out of frustrations because he had enough. And God responded in verse 14. God reminded Moses that He was personally with him, and that He would give him rest.

The same thing is available for you today. His presence will give you strength and wisdom to know and do His will—including rest. And God actually delights in giving His children rest (Psalm 127:1-2)! God is continually with you and you can rest in Him.

Resting in God means having peace that there's no need to rush because everything will be fine as long as you abide with God. Everything has already been planned and resting is part of the process—by talking to Him and meditating on His words. It means being confident and still knowing that the Lord has the upper hand. Resting helps us to be dependent on Him more, to trust His process for us, as we labor for His glory.

"I will personally go with you and I will give you rest—everything will be fine for you." – God.

Respond

Plan tomorrow's devotional schedule and spend time with God more than usual (e.g. Add more 15-30 mins in your devotion time)

Spend time basking in the Lord's powerful presence and be still that He is going to bring you the land of abundance.

_____

I hope you learned something in our Day 18.
Don't hesitate to share your insight below. :))

Don't forget to vote and share so others might see and read this, too.

God bless. ♡