chapter 1

The City, after the great devourer had attacked, was being rebuilt. Everyone was lending a hand, even the ninja.

The ninja were helping put back a street sign.
"Finally, all fixed up and serpentine free!" Cole said. Kai reached out his hand, little flames came out, but nothing solid.

"Aww, this is frustrating! Our weapons are gone and most of our elemental powers are gone!" Kai ranted while the others struggled to keep the sign up.

"I mean, we can still do spinjitzu but..." Kai tired once more. Nothing came out. Zane used a blow torch to melt it back together.
"I just feel so... I don't know, limited." Kai finished.

"Dude, your weapons weren't your power." Morro said.
"And still! Thanks to the devourer, our tank's out of commission, our dragon's hurt and now that the Bounty's destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep!" Kai complained.

"No one ever said being a hero was easy." Zane said standing up.
"Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways."

"Yeah well I don't feel rich." Kai pouted. Jay picked up a box of broken junk.
"I for one enjoy pitching in. I've always wanted to feel part of a community." Jay said.
"Uh, speaking of which, anyone see Nya? She said she was gonna help."

Just on time, the girl in red pulled up to the ninja on a motorcycle, with sensei in a side seat.
"And I have. I may have found us a place to live!" She said waving a panflet in the air.

"Really?" Jay asked.
"That was fast. How?" Morro asked.
"I know a guy who knows a girl. And she knows this girl who knows a guy." Nya said.

"Well this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent, and she can help you find a place." Nya handed the panflet to Jay.
"If you catch my drift."

"And where are you off to?" Jay asked.
"We have to find a couple of components to fix the ninja tank. And my dragon ointment has finnaly arrived." Sensei explained.
"It's a days trip. But once we get back he'll be flying once again. Also, I love scenic drives." Sensei snickered.

"Punch it, Nya!"

"Aye-aye sensei!" Nya stepped on the gas and the two drove away.
"Patty-keys real estate queen." Jay read the panflet.
"Huh. This is exactly what we need! Once we get a roof over our head, we can start properly training Lloyd!"

"Good. 'Cause if we know lord Garmadon, he's not gonna be taking any breaks." Cole said.
"And let's not forget, the serpentine are still at large."

-we going to the desert boizzz-
(XDDD why did I do that???)

In the desert, next to where the bounty had crashed and broken apart, were the serpentine. They resurfaced, again, and we're gathered under the little cave the ninja hid in before.

"Serpentine! We've been exiled for the last time!" Skales announced.
"Fear not. I will lead you!"

"Lead us?! To where? The City of Ourorboros has been destroyed! We have no home!" A serpentine claimed.

"You want to lead us so badly, why should we trust you?" Another serpentine asked.

"Because I was the one who told you in the first place, not to awaken the devourer." Skales said.
"But noooooo. You listen to Pythor!"

"You want a home?" A menacing voice pierced through the crowd. Everyone turned to the back.
"I'll give you a home." Garmadon stood behind the serpentine, holding the four golden weapons.

"Lord Garmadon!" Skales exclaimed.
"Forgive me. I haven't been myself lately. But now that I have the golden weapons, it's time that I got back to my roots." Garmadon said.