chapter 21

Misako was left alone with Garmadon. The helmet of shadows was placed on a display, and Garmadon had his back turned. This was her chance.

"Misako, I'm glad you finally understand me. Not many people do, you see." Garmadon talked on. Misako inched her way quietly over to the helmet.
"Being evil these days is really unappreciated. But you...I always knew I could count on you." Garmadon continued.

Misako reached the helmet. He took it off the stand and an alarm rang off. Garmadon quickly turned around to see the helmet in Misako's hands.
"Huh? You deceived me? Stop her!" Garmadon yelled as Misako ran outside.

-the bounty-

An alarm sounded off. And a loud one.
"Aaah! Ah... That's loud." Morro covered his ears.
"Why's but bother you so much?" Lloyd asked.
"Well, you grow up in a monastery with basically one other person, it kinda gets quiet." Morro looked up.
The falcon flew above their heads.
Lloyd saw it too.

"Nya!" The green ninja called and pointed at the bird. Nya, who was still tinkering with the driller saw the mechanical falcon.
"I see. I'm on it! You two, meet half way!" Nya jumped in the driller.

"Right!" The brothers exclaimed.

-Garmadon's camp-

"You got the helmet!" Zane exclaimed as the ninia met up with Misako.
"And you got spotted!" Misako saw the stone army behind them.
"Cole gave us away." Jay said.
"All right, I've had a rough day. Can we stop laying blame, and focus on what's in front of us?" Cole asked. Kai herd rumbling.

"Maybe we should worry about what's behind us!" Kai said. Everyone turned around. Garmadon was piloting some sort of samurai mech.
"Cut them down to size." He laughed and swung a big sword at them.

"If we do not return the helmet before the clock strikes zero, we won't be able to prevent the final battle." Misako informed.
"Don't worry, I'm on top of it! Yah, whooo!" Jay jumped up and grabbed onto the sword when he got launched in the air and thrown back down.
"...maybe not."

"Didn't mama ever teach him the bigger they are, the harder they fall?" Cole drew his blade. Cole created a quake that launched several boulders at Garmadon but thanks to the mech, Garmadon deflected them all away with the sword.
"Oh, apparently she did." Cole added.

Kai's turn now. He took out his sword and casted a wall of sure to prevent Garmadon from advancing. But, you know, he was in a mech so Garmadon walked right through the flames.
"Oh, great." Kai said.

"Bye-bye!" Garmadon punched Kai right in the face with the mech.
"Ugh, well, we better think of something fast, because...I'm out of lines! Hey!" Kai jumped up and Nya, driving the earth driller popped out of the ground.
"Woah, it's Nya!" Jay exclaimed.

Nya drove right to Garmadon and knocked over the mech.
"Hey guys!" Nya exclaimed.
"How did you know we needed you?" Jay asked.
"Look up!" Nya pointed. The falcon glided around the scene.
"Also, there was a loud alarm. Get it!" Nya shouted.

The ninja and Misako jumped in the driller and Nya drilled back into the ground. The stone warriors looked down the hole and scowled.
"Don't just stand there! Get them!" Garmadon commanded.
"You fool! You let them get away with the helmet? Don't you realize if they put it on, they will control the Army?" The Overlord scolded.
"I'll see to it personally. It's my turn." Garmadon said.

Nya was still pressing of the gas, for the stone army wasn't far behind.
"Heh, cool hat. I wonder if it'll make me look more menacing." Jay put the helmet on his head.
"Is that really wise? If that helmet turns you evil, we're kicking you out." Nya said. Jay paused.
"Uh, is that possible? Uh, it's probably got Garmadon cooties anyway." Jay took it off.