chapter 8

Lloyd sighed while he leaned on the edge of the bounty. They flew over a small village where the kids were all playing.

"Lloyd? Lloyd! Concentrate!" Kai called. Lloyd turned around to face the five older ninja on the deck.
"Now that the bounty is in our possession again, we can train you more effectively. But you'll have to focus. One more time." Zane encouraged.

"Ah, but we've been training all day!" Lloyd complained.
"It's all to get you ready to face your father." Cole said.
"Now, in position." Cole said. Lloyd sighed as he walked to his spot.
"It'll be easy once you get it done." Morro said.

The five ninja put on their hoods. Lloyd yawned
. The ninja flipped into their positions.
"Ah, whatever." Lloyd sighed, made the "bring it on" motion and readied.

Kai jumped up and Lloyd punched him back. Lloyd yawned again. Zane and Jay attacked but Lloyd was fully ready.
"Ninja-go!" Lloyd yelled. A bright green tornado surrounded Lloyd and easily hit back Zane and Jay.

Cole ran in from the side and lifted his arm to punch. Lloyd waited until the last moment to dodge, then striked Cole in the back.

"Easy.--WOAH!" Lloyd yelled as he fell on the ground. The green ninja didn't pay attention to his older brother slipping behind him and making a low kick to knock Lloyd off his feet.

"Looks like sneak attacks are your weak point." Morro observed.
"That was fun! Are we done?" Lloyd asked from the floor.
"Oh, come on! You're better than this." Jay said.
"What's on your mind?"

"Well, ah..." Lloyd stood up.
"Well...The latest issue of "Starfarer" just came in at Doomsday Comix and it's a limited run, so if I don't go out and get it, it's going to sell out." Lloyd explained.
"Last they left off, intergalactic rogue Fritz Donogan was surrounded by the imperial sludge, and if I don't find out if he gets out alright, I think I might have my own doomsday!" Lloyd exclaimed, retelling the last issue.

"The fate of Ninjago rests on your shoulders." Kai reminded Lloyd.
"As the green ninja, you have a giant responsibility to hold." Kai said. Lloyd looked down.
"I'm sorry, but you don't have the time for such childish things."

Lloyd walked to the edge and looked at the small village.
"Other kids get to play and have fun. All I ever do is train." Lloyd sighed.

"Are we doing something wrong?" Cole whispered to Morro.
"Uh, maybe a few things." He replied.

"Guys, there's been a break in at the Ninjago city museum of history!" Nya ran up onto the deck.
"And the security cameras picked up you know who!" Nya said.

"Garmadon!" Cole concluded.
"We have to stop him before he used the mega weapon to start another on of his diabolical plots!" Jay said determined. Lloyd looked up.
"Um..." The ninja faced Lloyd.

Lloyd sighed knowing what their faces said.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I can't go, and it's safer if I stay here and train." Lloyd said.

The ninja all nodded. Lloyd crossed his arms. The four ninja of destiny looked at Morro.

"Ohhhkay." Morro walked up to Lloyd.
"Once we get back, we got 30 minutes." Morro whispered in Lloyd's ear. Lloyd smiled at that.

The ninja got in the ultra sonic radar and got ready to go.
"We'll meet up at the bounty as soon as we're done." Kai said.
"We'll be waiting for your safe return." Nya said. The ninja drove off.

"Ah, too old for comic books and too found to fight. When are they gonna make up their minds?" Lloyd asked.
"Come on pint-size. Show me what you got." Nya said. Lloyd yawned again as the night neared Ninjago.