chapter 5

For Lloyd's training today, he was learning to control the electricity part of his powers. With a light bulb in hand, Lloyd's objective is to light it up without shattering the glass.

"Focus, Lloyd." Jay walked up to him.
"Control the power inside you. When you feel a surge welling up..." Jay threw his hands in the air.
"Harness it."

"I understand. I am in control." Lloyd went to focus more on the lightbulb. It grew brighter and brighter.
"Come on Lloyd! You can do it!" Jay encouraged him.

The light grew extremely bright but didn't last for long as it shatter in Lloyd's hands.
"Argh! Stupid lightbulb!" Lloyd shouted.
"You're putting too much pressure on me!" Lloyd said. The ninja flinched.
"Let me have one more try!" Lloyd asked.

"Sorry Lloyd. That was the last lightbulb." Kai said. Around the floor, there were multiple pieced of broken glass.
"Clean up Lloyd. We'll continue training tomorrow." Cole said handing Lloyd a broom. Lloyd snatched it out of Cole's hands and started to use it against a sparing bag.

Jay sighed.
"Ah, what am I doing wrong? I can't seem to teach him how to control his power!" Jay said.
"Sensei, we're doing it the right way and... We're not putting too much pressure on him, right?" Morro asked a bit uneasy.

"No matter what I try it just doesn't work!" Jay said.

Lloyd was being thrown back by the sparing bag.
"You dare to defy the green ninja!" Lloyd shouted.

"Patience, Jay. Sometimes, the greatest opponent we face is ourselves, and that's especially true of Lloyd." Sensei took Jay away first a little talk.
"Remember where he came from. He's the son of Lord Garmadon. It's going to take time for him to embrace the light."

Nya opened the door to the dojo.
"Hey guys!" She said.
"Hey Nya!" The boys all said.
"Hey, Jay. Uh, wanna come by the auto body shop later?" Nya offered.
"Uh, the auto body shop?" Jay repeated.

"Yeah. I got a part-time job. Though I could fix up the Ultra Sonic Raider in my off time. Maybe if you come over, I can show you what I've been working on." Nya said.
"Ah, sure!" Jay peaked.
"Uh, what you got there?" Jay asked as the other ninja approached.

Nya pulled out a letter.
"Oh, um, this letter came for Lloyd!" Nya said, handing it to sensei.
"Hm. It's from Lloyd's old school." Sensei read.

"The Darkley School for Bad Boys?" Cole asked.
"Formerly bad boys. Since the last time we were there, they've changed to the Darkley School for Great Children." Sensei said.

"Heh, wait. They've turned good?" Kai asked.
"That's... New." Morro said.

"Hmm, it says here there's going to be a ceremony." Sensei continued to read the letter.
"I love ceremonies. That means there's going to be cake." Cole nugdged Kai.

"Lloyd's change inspired them. Now they've invited Lloyd to give him an honorary degree in excellence." Sensei finished reading the letter.

Lloyd broke the broom in half and jumped at the sparing bag before falling to the ground face flat.

Kai raised a brow.
"Are we sure we're talking about the same Lloyd?"

-time for the daily dose of villain monologue and stuff.-

The black bounty was flying a little above the surface of the water
"Squeeze in tight. Can everyone hear me? Okay, so let's brainstorm on how to use my Mega Weapon to destroy the Ninja." Garmaodn stood at the top deck whilst the serpentine stood on the main level.

"Remember, the weapon can only create, never destroy. And I can only use it once a day, as it drains all of my strength. So, no such thing as a bad idea. Anyone?" Garmadon asked.