chapter 16

"Hmm, most peculiar. Yesterday there was just ocean, but now there is an island." Zane gazed out into the ocean outside of Ninjago and saw a darkened sky and the faint black outline of the dark island.

"The Dark Island, Zane. And what I find more peculiar is after Ninjago City was attacked by the Stone Army, today they have vanished." Sensei, who was with Zane informed.
"Do you think they are on this Dark Island?" Zane suggested.
"Garmadon may be responsible."

"I fear that too. But what's most important is we have to find out what is on that island." Sensei said. Zane turned to the falcon that was perched on his arm.
"Perhaps my Falcon can have a look."

The mechanical bird flew off towards the dark spot out to sea and flew high in the sky for everyone or witness.

-the destiny's bounty-

The ninja, after landing had gotten to work on repairing the damage to the bounty done by the stone warriors.
Jay accidentally popped open a pipe and out sprayed at him.

"Ugh, useless pile of junk." Jay threw his wrench on the ground.
"Oh, it's worse than I feared. The rotors on the starboard booster are completely destroyed. The port boosters are shot from the strain." Nya said.
"So it's pretty broken." Morro poked his head out from over the deck.
"Sorry, but the bounty 's not getting airborne anytime soon." Nya said.

Cole turned around from where he was working.
"So if the Stone Army attacks again, we're sitting ducks." Cole exclaimed.
"Uh, ducks can fly, Cole. Weren't you listening?" Jay scoffed.
"We just got our tails handed to us and we couldn't even stop one of them. Ugh, I hate feeling helpless." Kai  sighed.

"We mustn't give up hope, Kai." Sensei and Zane walked up to the others.
"But the Stone Army is indestructible. You saw it. At best, all my powers could do was slow them down." Lloyd stared at his hands.
"That's not entirely true. There is a way to defeat them. And it is told within the scrolls." Misako unrolled a scroll and showed it to the ninja.

Inside the bounty, Misako rolled out the scroll completely onto the table. On it, a picture of the four ninja, red, blue, black and white, shining a light onto a meditation green ninja with a dragon behind him.

"The prophecy reveals that the power to defeat the Stone Army lies within the Green Ninja." Misako pointed.
"I tried. I gave them everything I had." Lloyd said.
"Yes, but you are stronger than you think. Look. The true power of the Green Ninja can only be unlocked when his four protectors find their own pure elemental powers." Misako guestered to the four ninja in the scroll.

"Are we the protectors?" Cole asked.
"Pfft, silly question. Of course we are. Haha, right?" Jay asked.
"Pure elemental powers? Like how Morro can use his wind at will?" Kai asked.
"Yeah, like that. Control it on your own." Morro nodded.
"If we are the protectors, then we're doomed. Our elemental Golden Weapons no longer exist. We cannot tap into our elemental powers without them." Zane said.

"But the powers do exist within each of you. And there is a way to unlock your powers on your own." Misako said.
"We must go to the temple of light."

"Temple of light? What's that?" Nya asked.
"The gold in the Golden Weapons was from the Golden Peaks, but they were forged in the Temple of Light, a powerful place I thought only existed in legend." Misako rolled out another scroll. This one showed the symbols of the ninja surrounding Lloyd's symbol.

"It's on the Dark Island?" Sensei asked.
"I think our only choice is to find out." Misako said.
"So we get our powers back? All right!" Cole exclaimed.
"Not so fast. We still have to find the temple of light. We don't know it's exact location." Morro said
"And we have one more big problem." Nya added.
"The bounty can't fly!"