chapter 18

A vision. It was dark. Ticking. The Celestial clock.

. . .

The stone army patrolled the island on the lookout for anything out of place. Nothing they could find. They couldn't find anything because they weren't in plain sight.

Kai got out from hiding and ran back to base. After the ninia found Dr. Julien, they safely made but to the dark island.

Back at the bounty, the other ninja were covering the bounty with leaves and dirt.
"This whole island is swarming with Garmadon's indestructible Stone Army." Kai said.
"Ha! Good thing we're Ninja and we know how to hide." Jay said.
"Who wants to hide when you can fight? I'm getting tired of having our heads buried in the sand. I wanna fight these guys." Cole said throwing a shovel on the ground.

"Think things through, Cole. We've never beaten on and still can't find a vulnerability." Morro said.
"It would be unwise to start a fight we cannot finish." Zane said.
"That is why we must find the temple of light." Sensei Wu walked out from the bounty.

Inside, everyone gathered to revise and look over the scrolls.
"The scrolls say there is a hidden temple on the island. If you find it, it will give the Ninja pure elemental powers, powers that can destroy the indestructible army." Misako said.

"So you're saying we get to fight? Whoo-hoo! I've got happy feet!" Cole jumped up.
"And for you, my son." Misako turned to Lloyd.
"Here it is written: For once the Green Ninja finds the instrument of peace, he will strike it and know the power of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master."" Misako said.

"Ultimate spinjitzu master?" Lloyd repeated.
"It means you will be able to invoke the power of the Golden Dragon, an ancient fighting style only practiced by the First Spinjitzu Master." Misako explained. Lloyd turned to see shocked faxes on the ninja.

"Ha, ha, ha... Jealous?" Lloyd smirked.
"No, not really. I don't really know what I was expecting though." Morro said.
"Ah, wait a minute. This all sound too good to be true." Kai interrupted.
"What's the catch?"

"The catch is, the Temple could be anywhere on the island, and all we have is this." Sensei placed a golden medallion with three holes at the top on the table. Dr. Julien's face lit up.

"A medallion. It's like a compass. When the three holes match up, the medallion will reveal where the temple is hidden." He exclaimed.
"Uh, how did you know that?" Jay asked the inventor.
"Oh, I did a lot of reading in my spare time." Dr. Juliet laughed.
"Adventure stories were my favorite."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Zane asked. He took the medallion and the ninja headed foot the door.
"Not you Lloyd." Sensei stopped the green ninja.
"Aw, seriously? Are we still doing this?" Lloyd complained.
"Wu is right." Misako said.
"If you were to come across your father, it could prematurely start the Final Battle. We need to be at full strength before we take any risks."

Lloyd looked down.
"Ha, ha, ha... Jealous?" Jay smirked.

"Tables have turned." Morro covered his mouth.
L

loyd stared him down.
"Sorry, it's funny." Morro said.

"Well, I could use some help around the shop. We should get working on vehicles that might help give us a fighting chance." Dr. Julien suggested
"Remember, Garmadon doesn't know we're on the island. It's imperative that you stay out of sight." Wu reminded.
"Of course, Sensei. Don't worry. Have you ever known us to veer from a plan, huh?" Jay asked.

Wu, Misako, Lloyd asd Morro stare at the four other ninja.
"Ninja..." The four started to yell. Sensei shushed them.
"Not so loud. Are you trying to get us caught?"
"go...." The finished quietly.