Flashback

(The night before)

Jack's POV
————————

We had a show tonight in Minnesota, since we were on tour. It was a good show. Alex sung and shredded his guitar, I was also shredding my guitar, Zack was playing his bass, and Rian was pounding the drums. The crowd was cheering super loud, it was crazy!

The awesome songs we played were:
I Feel Like Dancin'
Do You Want Me (Dead?)
A Party Song (The Walk Of Shame)
Shameless
Backseat Serenade
Time Bomb
Dear Maria, Count Me In
Weightless
Vegas
And last but definitely not least, Therapy

We would play all of those songs in order for the rest of the tour. I personally thought we should have played Keep The Change, You Filthy Animal, but hey, I guess we can't get everything we want.

After the show, we went to a restaurant near the location we just played at. We all talked about how cool the show was that night. The food was really good too, but that was besides the point.

      As we walked out of the restaurant, I saw a wishing stone. I never used one before, but many people said that they don't work. I still picked it up, wondering if it would come in handy. I put it in my pocket.

Later, we were all talking on the bus, and just hanging out. When the bus was about to start driving again, Alex told me that he wanted to talk to me, privately.

      "Hey Jack, can I talk to you for a few minutes?" Alex asked.

      "Sure man." I said back, and he sounded like there was something on his mind.

      We went to the bathroom, and Alex started to talk to me.

     "Look Jack, we practiced this a million times. You need to stop trying to steal the show! If you keep doing this, you're going to mess everything up." Alex told me, sounding pretty annoyed.

      (I was stealing the show because I'm tired of always being in the background, and letting Alex get all of the attention.)

     "Look man, I don't want to take advice from someone who gets all of the attention, em' kay?" I said back, annoyed.

      "What the crap did you just say to me?" Alex asked, angrily.

      "I said, 'you get all of the attention'." I said back.

      I apparently made Alex really mad by saying that, but honestly, I didn't care.

      "Listen up Jack! I don't get all of the attention, and you know it!" Alex yelled at me.

      "Yes you do! How would you feel if you were me and being in the background?!" I was angry now!

      "Well, how about you imagine being the singer AND a guitarist! I bet you couldn't do it!" Alex screamed.

      "Well, I bet you couldn't be me! You wouldn't last a day in my shoes!" I yelled.

      "DO YOU REALLY WANT TO ARGUE ABOUT THIS!?!? YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE ME!!!!!" Alex was SO angry! I've never seen him like this before.

"WELL YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE ME EITHER!!!!!!" I roared, now being as mad as Alex was.

"Do you know the pressure I have to go through!?" Alex screamed.

"Well guess what dude! I have a lot pressure too!!!" I screamed.

I was hurt, how did he think my life was so easy?

"Until you actually become me, you will know nothing about what I have to go through!!!!" Alex screamed as he left.

I screamed into my hands, because I was SO stressed! He doesn't know what it's like to be in the background! He keeps telling me I'm not in the background, but I won't believe it! He doesn't know about anything I have to go through!
Angry, I pulled out the wishing stone, and I made only one wish.

"I wish I could switch places with Alex....." I wished, quietly.

Then, I got so angry that I threw the stone out of the bathroom window.
After that, I changed into my Green Day shirt and my gray sweatpants, and I went to bed. Since I was really exhausted after that fight.

It doesn't matter if I threw that rock out of the window. The wish wouldn't come true anyways.....

Right?

Disclaimer!
——————-
I know that none of the band members are only in the background. I am not trying to be disrespectful to anyone. I just needed to find a reason for Jack to want to switch places with Alex, and also make the drama happen.

Chapter 3 coming soon! 😊