Learning

(Jack's POV)

      Alex was really upset about this! Sure, I could get where he was coming from, but I always thought that if he could switch places with someone, it would be me! I mean, I've known him since middle school! But whatever.

"Okay, so I'm going to teach you how to sing like me, alright?" Alex said, annoyed.

"Okay." I said, annoyed that he was annoyed.

      "Okay then." Alex said back.

      Alex than told me his vocal range, and everything else to know about his singing. I didn't know that is was that complicated, but I could do this.

      "Are you ready to try now?" Alex asked me.

      "Sure, I guess." I answered.

      Alex rolled (my) eyes, and I began to sing our song "Do You Want Me (Dead?)".

      "I let iT rIdE oN a bAd bEt." I started, but Alex cut me off.

      "That sounds horrible! I mean, it doesn't sound like me." Alex was apparently stressed.

      "Sorry." I said back.

      "You sounded all over the place. Try it again, and remember, only use my vocal ranges." Alex said.

"I dOuBled dOwn oN a sInKing sHip." I started again, and Alex stopped me again.

"Oh my gosh!" Alex groaned. "Did you even listen to me?"
I guess I wasn't that good.

"Geez! I'm sorry okay?!" I was starting to get frustrated too.

      "Fine." Alex was starting to calm down. "We can practice later."

"Alright." I said back.

———————————————————————————
(Alex's POV)

I don't know what we're going to do. Jack doesn't know how to use my voice, and our first show is in two days! I don't think that he will learn to play my guitar notes and how to use my voice in only two days! I needed to calm down, so I told Jack that we would practice later.
I was sitting on the couch, wondering what we're going to do about this situation, when Rian walked up to me.

"Hey Jack." Rian said to me.

      I didn't respond, not knowing that he was talking to me.

      "Jack!" Rian said again, louder.

      I looked up, now realizing he was talking to me.

      "Oh, hi." I said to him.

      "Didn't you tell me that you wanted to talk to me, yesterday?" He asked me.

Great! Now I have to act like Jack!

      "Sure, dude!" I said, trying to sound like Jack.

Rian looked confused, and I followed him into the back room. I was nervous about what he was gonna tell me.
When we were in the back room, Rian started to talk to me.

      "So, yesterday you told me that you felt like you are in the background, now tell me why you feel that way." Rian told me.

Wow. Jack seemed pretty upset over this. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know why he thought that.

"I don't know....." I said.

"You also said that you were starting to become more sad on this tour, and I want to talk to you about that." Rian said back.

I was pretty suprised. I didn't know that Jack was beginning to get depressed! He knows that he can talk to me, right?

"Sure, go ahead." I told him.

"You aren't alone. You are not in the the background, and we are here for you." He said to me.

"Thanks." I said, not knowing what else to say.

"No problem!" Rian said to me, patting me on the back.

I didn't know he was going through this.

Chapter 5 coming soon!
I hope this story isn't too cringey!