Band Practice

(Jack's POV)

      I was on one of the bunks, thinking about what would happen at the show the day after tomorrow. I didn't want to ruin Alex's reputation! I didn't really think about the consequences of this wish. I hoped that everything would be fine.
      Alex and Rian came out from the backroom, and Alex gave me a sympathetic look.

    Why did he do that?

     Oh...

     Rian talked to Alex, thinking he was me.
Crap! He must've mentioned the thing          about me being depressed!

      Alex then sat next to me. That's when Zack said this.

      "We're here! Let's set up the stage!" Zack called out.

      Me and Alex both gave each other a scared look, and we got our stuff and got off the bus.
After we set up the stage, possibly the worst sentence ever at this moment left Rian's mouth.

"We're going to practice early guys!" Rian said.

My jaw dropped, so did Alex's, and we both looked at each other. I didn't even teach him how to play my guitar notes yet. And I still sounded like crap when I tried to sing like Alex, and I didn't know his guitar notes either! I started to panic a little.

"What's wrong guys?" Zack asked us, seeing the looks on our faces.

Knowing that him and Rian still wouldn't believe us, I made something up.

"Nothing...... it's just that I wasn't expecting it to be this early." I said.

"Oh, okay." Rian said. "Let's get ready!"

"Wait! Can I talk to Ja— Alex for a second, please?" Alex asked them.

      "Sure, but make it quick." Rian said back.

      Alex then pulled me into the backroom, and shut the door.

      "Listen! I know that we didn't get to practice our roles a lot, but please promise me that you'll try your best?" Alex asked me.

      "Okay, but I didn't teach you anything." I said back.

      "I know, but I listen to you play, so I'll try to get the notes." He said back.

      "Alright, we've got a plan!" I said.

———————————————————————————
(Alex's POV)

Me and Jack left the room. I was honestly scared. I knew Rian and Zack wouldn't believe us (I honestly wouldn't believe us either), so we had to keep the switch to ourselves.

"We're ready!" I said, with a fake smile.

"Alright! Let's get started then!" Zack said.

We all went to our instruments, and we waited to hear what song we were gonna play.

"Let's play 'I Feel Like Dancin'' first." Rian said.

Crap! Jack plays the beginning of this song!

Rian counted down from 10, and I started the song.

      And I sounded like crap! Alex looked at me, cringing. Rian cut me off from playing.

      "Stop! Jack, you always sound pretty good at this song, is something wrong?" Rian asked me.

      "I told you! Alex and I SWAPPED PLACES!!!" Jack said to Rian, irritated.

      "Great! Now you're doing this prank during practice! Stop it!" Rian yelled. "Let's start over."

       We started over, and I sounded decent. Then Jack started to play and sing, and his singing sounded like nails going down a chalkboard! His guitar playing also wasn't good either. We should've taught each other more.

      "You know what? We'll practice tonight! And you guys better be over this!" Rian yelled.

      We all went back onto the tour bus, and I pulled Jack into the backroom.

"Okay, so I'm gonna finish teaching you how to be me, and you're gonna teach me how to be you." I told Jack.

      "Alright." Jack said back.

      So I taught Jack how to be me, and he taught me how to be him. I never thought that learning to play his notes would be this complicated. Eventually, we both got it down.
      When we practiced again later that night, we sounded pretty good!
      When we were done, we both were sitting in the backroom again.

      "So..... today has been pretty freaky." I said to him.

      "Yep." He said back.

      "Let's get some sleep." I said.

      "Yeah that seems like a good idea." Jack said.

      After getting ready, I went to Jack's bunk (almost going to mine), and Jack went into my bunk.

      Then we all went to sleep.

Chapter 6 coming soon! 🤗