Heart to Heart

(Alex's POV)

I woke up the next morning, and went to the mirror. Sadly, this was not just a nightmare, and I was still trapped in Jack's body.
Even worse, we had a show tomorrow night. I started to stress a lot.
Then, Jack walked into the bathroom (where I was), and he looked into the mirror too.

      "I guess that it wasn't just a dream." He said to me.

"Apparently not!" I said to him, irritated, but not leaving my eyes from my reflection.

I was still mad that he wished this. Did he really think that my life was better? He has no fricking idea!

"We have our show tomorrow night." Jack told me.

"You don't think I know that?!" I said in a rude tone, getting mad.

"Why are you being so rude to me?" Jack asked me.

I turned to him, getting angry.

"Because you made us switch places! You put me into this situation, for your own gain! I can't believe you think that my life is that easy!" I said, angrily.

      "I'm sorry Alex." Jack sounded a little upset.

      "Look, I'm sorry I made you upset. When we get that stone, it will all be over. I'm sorry I yelled at you." I said back, with a sigh.

      "It's okay." He said back to me.

      I went to eat Jack's breakfast, but I couldn't eat it. I was too worried about what the future will hold. How if I messed up on his notes? Or how if he messed up? I kind of played with his cereal, stirring the spoon in it.

Jack sat next to me, and I could see that he saw I was stressed out. He tried to make me feel better.

"You know, you were good at playing my guitar." He said to me nicely.

      "Thanks, you were good at being me too," I said with a smile.

"I'm... I'm sorry about all of this." Jack said to me.

      "It's fine." I said back. "Anyways, there's something that I want to talk to you about."

      "What is it?" Jack asked me.

      "It's about what Rian wanted to talk to you about," I answered him. "Are you really getting that upset over tour?"

———————————————————————————
(Jack's POV)

      "I'm just getting homesick." I answered.

      It was true. I started to get homesick a lot. It started on this tour, and it was starting to make me depressed. It actually felt good to get that off of my chest.

      "Yeah, same for me." Alex said back.

      "I thought I was the only one." I said back to him. "You hide it pretty well."

       "Well, I guess we have to learn some things about each other during this whole situation." Alex said with a sweet smile.

      "I'm here for you buddy, that's what Rian said to me, or specifically you. But it's true, I'm here for you." Alex said to me.

      "Thanks." I said to him.

      "No problem." He said back.

      I guess Zack and Rian were sleeping in, because they looked pretty tired still when they walked in the room.

      "You guys are up early." Zack said to us.

      "Apparently." I said in jokingly, sarcastic way.

      Zack and Rian gave a confused look, and left. Alex apparently didn't joke around like that. But whatever.

      I got up and got Alex's cereal, because Rian and Zack would think that we were doing that "prank" and they would get angry.
      I was nervous that I would mess up tomorrow night, since I'm usually the guitarist, and my instincts would make me play my role, instead of Alex's.

      I sat back down next to Alex, who apparently got over his nervousness and just ate the whole fricking bowl.

      "I'm on a diet, can you get the other cereal I eat please?" He asked me.

      "C'mon! You don't need to be on a diet!" I jokingly said, pointing to my new body.

      "You heard me." Alex jokingly said.

      I playfully sighed, and got the other cereal.

      "Hey, since the guys are gone, can you hand me the other cereal?" He asked me. "I don't want you to throw it away."

      My mouth went wide open, until Alex started to laugh a lot.

      "I'm kidding dude!" He said to me. "I'm not that evil!"

      We both laughed as I sat down with the new cereal. I'm glad we had that heart to heart talk.

We both had fun that day, like we usually did. We practiced each other's roles again, and we were great at band practice.

Also, when I said that I was sorry that this happened to us, I wasn't lying. I really didn't like his life so far. He must stress a lot about how to sing, and stress a lot about messing everything up.

I still was nervous about the day of the performance though, which was tomorrow.

Chapter 7 coming soon! 🤗

Chapter word count: 820