Tired Of All This

(Jack's POV)

      Alex slammed the door shut behind him. I never knew that he cared so much about this. I felt bad, and I was angry at myself for making him feel this way. Sure he was angry at me when we talked the day after we swapped places, but he seemed angrier this time.

I groaned angrily into my hands.

Wait a second, they weren't my hands! I was trapped inside of a body that didn't even belong to me! I had to walk around in someone else's skin! So why the frick would Alex be glad that he had the chance to be in a body that didn't belong to him, and walk around as someone else?
Every time I looked in the mirror, I saw Alex. Every time I talked, I sounded like Alex. Heck, every time I BREATHED, I was Alex! Alex has to feel the same way about this, so why would he want to feel this way?

I was tired of all of this, and it was starting to make me angry! And Alex was right, I DID start all of this! I never knew that those stupid wishing stones worked! I also thought that people switching bodies were only in the movies! Like in "Like Father, Like Son" and "Freaky Friday"! Those were never real! Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis didn't really wake up in each other's bodies! But no, me and Alex actually DID wake up in each other's bodies!

      I remember actually waking up for the first time during the swap.

—————

Alex poked me, and I got annoyed, so I said,
"What the crap do you want?"

All of a sudden, I heard my own voice answer me, which startled me. And after I hit my head on the bunk and yelled in pain, I realized that I sounded exactly like Alex.

When I actually looked at Alex, he looked exactly like me, with my Green Day t- shirt. I was confused. After Alex told me that he was actually Alex, I actually looked down at myself.

I was wearing the clothes Alex put on the night before, which was pretty weird. Then, I realized the wish I made that night, which put everything together.

I looked at my hands and arms, which looked exactly like Alex's. I felt my hair, which was more flat than my original hair. I realized exactly what had happened, and I ran to the mirror to see my reflection. And just as I thought, I didn't actually see myself. In fact, I saw Alex's face, looking as startled as I felt. I was wearing Alex's "The 1975" t- shirt, and baggy sweatpants. I (or I guess Alex) had a bed head, with hair going everywhere.
      I knew what had happened, after looking at Alex and myself, before looking in the mirror. But it was still pretty freaky to see your best friend's reflection instead of your own, no matter if you knew you were going to see it or not.

—————

"COME ON!!!" I screamed, hitting beside the couch I was sitting on. And of course I sounded exactly like Alex, which made me even angrier.

      There was a mirror across the room, and I looked into it. And all I saw was Alex, not me, just Alex's body, my body.

      I looked away from the mirror, putting my hands in my hair. I started to feel bad about how I made Alex feel. Sure he was mad about this mess happening earlier, but he changed his mind. All he wanted was to have a better friendship with me.

      The more I thought about it, the crappier I felt. Alex has been my best friend since middle school. We started the band when we were about 14 or 15. Ever since the band formed, all of us have been best friends.
Ever since we became famous, I have always been jealous of Alex. He got most of the girls, he had the most fans, and I thought that he had the most perfect life anybody could ever wish for.
And when we started to tour a lot, I started to get homesick and depressed. I always thought that I was the only one who felt that way.

But I was wrong about all of that stuff. Alex's life sucked, and everyone in the group feels homesick like me, and it is normal to feel that way.
I never gave Alex enough credit for what he does. He works so hard at what he does, and I was just worried about myself. About how I was always in the background. I was never in the background, and I know that now.

I honestly never thought about how hard Alex's life actually is. I always thought about myself.

But..... Alex was wrong about something he said.

I actually did learn a lesson after walking a mile in his shoes. I learned what it was actually like to be Alex, after walking around in his skin (literally). I now know what is is like to be a guitarist AND the lead singer. I now know that he actually DOES have a lot of pressure he has to go through.

Then, I thought about the last words he said to me before we switched bodies.

      "Until you actually become me, you will know nothing about what I have to go through!!!!"
      Those were his last words before all of this happened.

      But now, I realize that he was right, and I now know what he has to go through.

      I took deep breaths, and I started to calm down. I had to make it up to him, somehow.

      All of a sudden, I had an idea of how I would make it up to him......

I'm happy to where this story is leading. And also, again, I know that none of the band members are in the background, and they all have VERY important roles! I hope you like this story so far.

Chapter 12 coming soon! 😜

Word count: 1012 words