First Show

Both of their point of views switch some in the next few chapters, so we can get everything from both of their perspectives.

(Jack's POV)

      We were backstage waiting for our queue to come on stage. I was really quiet, and really nervous. I couldn't stop thinking about the bad things that could happen.
      I started to feel embarrassed that Alex saw me cry, because I usually don't do that. I hoped that I didn't look like a wimp.

      Eventually, the audience was filled, and the band Neck Deep opened for us. Playing about 4 songs until we were supposed to come out. Me and Alex got more and more nervous as all of the songs started to end.

Eventually, it was time for us to go on stage.

      We both had to act like each other while we talked to the crowd, and I was glad that we both taught each other how we acted and what we were supposed to do.
      We both did great, in my opinion. But, I didn't really think that Alex's life was that fun.

I was nervous that I would mess up the singing, and there was pressure that I had to sing all the lyrics right, while playing all of the guitar notes right! It was a lot to do, and having the spotlight wasn't really worth it. I now fully understand that his life is pretty difficult.

I can't believe Alex has to go through this.

———————————————————————————
(Alex's POV)

The show went pretty well. We did everything we were supposed to do, and the audience didn't suspect a thing.

       But, I think I have a new appreciation for Jack now.

      I felt under pressure, and I kept worrying that I was gonna mess up the hard guitar notes Jack had. That made me realize that Jack actually doesn't have an easy job, and that he still worries while only doing one thing, playing the guitar. I slowly started to understand that his life was hard while we were practicing, but now I fully understand.
I regret telling him that his life was easy, because that clearly wasn't true. After walking a mile in his shoes, I now know what it's like to be him, and it really wasn't that fun.

      And the worst part is, we have another show before we can switch back. It's in another two days!

      And also, Jack sang Therapy really good, like, amazing! I was actually pretty impressed. Sure he sang it great during practice, but he sang it beautiful this time! Wow!

      When we were done with the show, we went backstage to hang out with our fans. We had a good time with them, and they never suspected anything, so that was good.

———————————————————————————
(Jack's POV)

We went backstage to see our fans. I was glad that they never suspected anything, because that would be a problem. Alex was doing great as me, and I personally feel like I was doing well, too. Even though it was pretty hard.
      We signed autographs for our fans, and I almost put my name instead of Alex's name. I'm glad that I kept myself from making that mistake.

      We were going to go to an after- party at a bar nearby. We went onto the tour bus to go to the bar, and me and Alex both sat next to each other.

"So..... I guess I now know what it's like to be the lead singer, I guess." I told Alex, not really knowing what to say.

Alex then looked at me sympathetically, and he looked like he regretted something.

      "Look.... I'm sorry that I told you that your life was easy, because I was clearly wrong." Alex said back to me.

      "Same," I said back to him. "I didn't really think about that wish at all."

      "Well, we only have one more show left." Alex said back to me.

      We sat there for a few more minutes, until I asked the same question that he asked me yesterday, rethinking the answer I told him.

"I know I answered this question yesterday, but Alex......" I started.

"Yeah?" Alex said back, looking a little worried.

"But how if we are stuck like this, and I answered you wrong. We don't know if someone took the stone or not." I said back, pretty worried.

      Alex looked back at me.

      "I'm pretty sure we'll be fine." He answered me.

      "But that isn't enough!" I said back, frustrated.

      Alex obviously saw that I was scared about being stuck like this.

      "I'm a little worried about it, too," Alex told me. "But we will just have to wait and see."

Alex was trying to make me feel better, and make me less worried. But how if we were trapped in each other's bodies for the rest of our lives.

"But I don't want to be you anymore," I said back to him, scared. "I shouldn't have made that stupid wish at all!"

———————————————————————————
(Alex's POV)

      Jack was starting to panic. I didn't know what to say! I didn't know if we were gonna be stuck like this, I already said that I was pretty sure that we'd be fine, so what is really there to say?

      "Look...... I don't know if we are gonna switch back or not, but I think there is a really high chance that we will be okay. Alright?" I said, hoping to not make things worse.

      "Alright." Jack said, starting to calm down.

      "Also," Jack started. "Thanks for helping me through this whole thing, you know, helping me out with the singing, and becoming you."

      "No problem." I said back. "And thank you for teaching me. This night would've been a total bust if you didn't help."

      "Your welcome." Jack answered me back.

      We sat there in silence, until we arrived at the bar.

I know this was a longer chapter, I hope I didn't make you bored! 😂

Chapter 9 coming soon!

Word count: 996 wow!