6- Night

So this chapter is written in 3rd person because I don't feel comfortable writing 1st person in Nico's POV. Thanks for reading! Love ya'll!<3

~

The son of Hade's is just finishing chaining up Mackenzie to the bed when her eyes turn black. No white, no color, just a whirlpool of darkness. 

Nico jumps away as the chains holding her down catch and an inhuman scream claws out of her mouth. She is tied completely up with metal locks, hands behind her back and cuffed. "Let me out!" She commands violently, thrashing around, desperately trying to get out of his locks. 

No longer does Mackenzie wear the Aphrodite makeup. She looks like a rabid dog- spit flying from her mouth. Her body twists sadistically almost as if she was being possessed. 

"Mackenzie, stop!" Nico yells, suddenly worried for the new girl. Though, the daughter of Nyx does not hear the boy, nor understand. Her brutal new instinct takes over and she wants nothing more than to kill. 

Then, unexpectedly, Mackenzie's face softens and for a second, her eyes fade back to a beautiful brown. "Nico, please." 

Even though Nico's heart breaks, he knows more than to trust the girl. "No," He says sternly. 

Mackenzie screams, her face morphing back into a repulsive angered expression. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU! TEAR YOU APART!"

POP!

Mackenzie's shoulder dislocates.

She doesn't flinch or even acknowledge it. She continue to break free of the chains, even trying to use her teeth to get through the metal. Her mouth begins to bleed, pouring down her chin.

Nico curses as the girl squeezes her hands out of the cuffs, her wrist raw and bloody. "What have I gotten myself into?" He mumbles. 

When it's obvious Mackenzie is about to be released from her chain jail, he calls upon the dead. Nico is still a little weak from last night, but he has do anything to prevent her from leaving the room. 

The dead emerges just as the last lock is broken and Mackenzie throws herself in Nico's direction. She's held back and slammed into the wall. Her head smashes against it, making a large hole. It takes five ghost to hold her down. 

"I WANT TO SEE YOUR BLOOD!" Mackenzie yells. Then she screams. An ear piercing scream Nico was sure the entire camp could hear, and the son of Hade's eyesight goes black. 

He fumbles around blindly, not understanding what is wrong with his sight. It's night all around him-

Night.

Could this be Mackenzie's doing? 

While the son of Hade's is blinded, he is distracted and his hold over the dead disappears. Although, he cannot see, his other senses are strengthened. Nico hears Mackenzie leaping up to him, and he swings around, using the butt of his sword and pounding it against her head. 

The connection is broken instantly. The faded colors of the room morph back into the sight of Nico's eyes and he sees Mackenzie laying on the floor in a puddle of blood. 

Panicked, Nico bends down beside the girl. He picks up her head to find it bleeding. Though, she is still very much alive. Nico would have felt it if she died. 

Mackenzie shoots up. Her hands wrap around Nico's neck, spluttering nonsense words as she whacks his skull over and over again on the hard tile floor. 

"Ma-Macken-Mu-" Nico struggles to breath. It takes every last bit of his willpower, but he calls upon the dead. With their help, Mackenzie is pinned to the ground. 

Nico gasp for breath and stumbles to his feet.

And just when he thinks nothing can get worst, there is a knock on the door.

"LET ME HAVE THEM!" Mackenzie says from across the room. 

"Nico?" Jason questions from behind the door. 

Nico cusses to himself, "Go away!" Mackenzie continues to scream inhumanly, and Nico sharply turns around and yells, "Shut up!" The ghost places a hand over her mouth. 

 "What's going on in there?"

Nico runs to the door, opening it ever so slightly. "What is it?" He asks harshly. 

Jason tries to look behind Nico, but Nico inches the door even more closed. "Uh, I just wanted to say bye. Piper and I are going to visit Hazel and Frank at Camp Jupiter," There is a crashing noise behind Nico, making Jason even more curious. "Is everything okay in there?"

"Yes, everything is perfectly fine," Nico assures. 

"Lord, Nico!!! The girl bit off my arm!" The statement confuses Nico, he wonders how a ghost can lose an arm. 

"Nico, what's going on?" Jason asks sternly as Mackenzie lets out another scream. 

"Nothing!" He says. "It's not of your business. Now please, just leave." And with that, the son of Hade's closes the door in Jason's face.

 He turns to face Mackenzie, who is breathing heavily against the wall, her black eyes frantically looking around the room. 

"When I get my hands on you, Nico, I will crush your skull with my bare hands. Spread your blood across The Mansion Of Night," She bares her teeth, which Nico notices have turned into sharp fangs. 

"Wait. What did you say?" 

Mackenzie laughs dangerously. "My mother will have your blood. It's what I was created to do," She struggles against the ghosts hold. "It's what I will do. Kill." 

"Why does Nyx want my blood?" Nico walks closer to Mackenzie curious for answers.

"Not just your blood," She licks the blood falling from her mouth. "Any blood. Gaea may have failed, but Nyx shall not. NOW COME HERE!" 

She breaks hold of the ghosts grip and once again flings herself on Nico. Though Nico is ready. He grabs the metal chain off the floor and whips it against Mackenzie's head. There is a pounding noise, like a brick smashing against the wall as it collides with her skull, making Nico winch. 

That's going to leave a mark. He thinks.

Mackenzie falls to the ground. This time unconscious. 

Staring at the girl on the floor, Nico comes to the conclusion he won't let this girl go evil. It may have been Nyx's plan all along for her, but Nico refuses to let her fate end up becoming a demon of the Night. He sits down beside Mackenzie. "I won't let it happen," He tells her. 

Fortunately, Mackenzie stays unconscious for the rest of the night. At first, it kind of freaks Nico out, making him figure something is wrong. But when the sun peaks its way through the black curtains of the window, Mackenzie's eyes flutter open, the black slowly fading away and morphing back into a beautiful brown..