7- Capture the Flag

Excuse the mistakes!:) 

~

Before I even open my eyes, I know the night was dreadful. 

The first thing that hits me is the unbearable pain in my shoulder, one that has me winching and moaning in pain just as I open my eyes to the lightly lit room. My mouth is sore and dried liquid is stuck to my face and tangled in my hair. 

Who's blood?

"Nico!" I yell in panic, pushing my throbbing body off the floor and whipping my head around to look for my new friend. "Nico!" 

No no no nononono. What if- did I- 

The door slams open, revealing a very worn out looking Nico. Not being able to stop myself, I fly my arms around him, wrapping him in a hug. "Oh gods- I thought- there was blood and-" 

Nico awkwardly pushes me away. "Yeah, it was your blood," His fingers reluctantly touch my face and inspect  my forehead. There's a burning sensation as they meet a fresh gash above my eyebrow. "How are you feeling? Does your mouth hurt?" 

"Yeah," Actually, my gums are the thing that is hurting. My tongue curiously searching my mouth to find whatever is bothering me. It rubs across the smoothness of my teeth, then, comes across a hole. A hole that taste like blood. 

"MY TOOTH IS GONE!" I scream, my fingers reaching inside my mouth to inspect the wound. The tooth on my bottom row, right next to where people put fake vampire teeth, is missing. There's now only gum, surrounded by dried blood and roots that have yet to detach. "Nico, what did you do!?" 

Nico's arms fly in the air in defense. "Hey, I was tying you up! You tried to chew through freaking chains." 

The pain in my shoulder boils. "Did you break my shoulder too?" I snap, suddenly very angry at the Son of Hades. 

"You did that!" He argues. "I don't know why your being like this! Trying to blame it on me." 

"Well you're suppose to be helping me!" A cry coughs in the back of my throat and I force it down. When Nico said he was going to help me get over this, I guess I foolishly thought he could prevent me from going crazy. 

I just disappoint myself. I gave my hopes up... 

Nico sighs. "I am helping you. Don't worry, I'll figure it out. I promise." 

I shake my head. "Hasn't anyone ever taught you not to make impossible promises? Didn't last night just prove to you I can't change?" My voice cracks, though I shove my emotions away. "I hurt myself, Nico. I hurt myself every night just to try to cause pain upon somebody."

Nico just looks through me as if he didn't listen to anything I said. "I swear it on the River Styx." 

My eyebrows come together in shock. "Nico..." 

"Lets go," He says. "You need to go get checked out in the infirmary." 

I cross my arms. "I'm not going anywhere wearing the exact same thing I did yesterday. As you can probably tell, the Aphrodite clothes are shredded." I gesture down at my shirt and pants which expose pale skin. 

"Yeah, that's why I brought you this." He throws me a pair of shorts and an orange camp t-shirt. He looks away as I change and throw my bloody hair into a ponytail. "You can take a shower after you get checked out." 

It turns out my shoulder somehow got dislocated. An Apollo girl named Thalassa helps wrap it up and kept mumbling encouraging words. No, not to me. To my shoulder, and it was really weird.