04| My mafia, my rules.

Eleanora appears to be calm and collected despite the anxious faces of her family members. They have officially pissed off the most powerful don and it was due to her decision. She was twirling her wine glass and then took a sip of it. 

"Please take a seat. The servers will be here soon." She gestured to the seats. Her father was glaring straight at her while she helps her children to their seats. 

Everyone was uncertain about her decision. It could make or break them, this time of point, her family felt like it could break them. Her father never like her way of running the mafia, it was unconventional and new. He did not like it, he prefered the traditional and old way. He was already breaking the tradition by letting her run the family mafia. 

Her brothers were all for Eleanora to take over the mafia but did not expect her to make such a rash decision that might potentially ruined their mafia. 

"Why did you do it?" Her father asked her. She shrugs her shoulders. 

"I just felt like it. Didn't like the guy." Marco motioned her to cut out the act. He knew that Eleanora had many other reasons that she rejected the alliance. 

The tension between the father and daughter grew more tensed. She looked up to her father and toast to him. 

"It's my mafia. I am the don of this mafia, aren't I? He didn't want to play by my rules so I rejected him." Her nonchalant and relax replies were driving her father angrier by every second. 

She knew that her responses was driving him mad. Her father respects the Torricelli so much that he is willing to drop everything just to work with them. Eleanora treats them like a baggage that she does not want. 

"Eleanora Giuliani. You know how powerful the Torricelli is, right? It is an honor to be offered an alliance with them. You treated him like a joke? I had to deal with the humiliation when he came back to our manor and told us about your behaviour. Go and apologise to him. Ask for forgiveness. " She lets out a scoff. That old man really blamed it all on her. 

"No. I will not do such horrendous thing." Her father stood up and marched towards her and slapped her. 

The whole table went still. Armani Giuliani never laid a hand on his daughter until today and it was all because of Massimo Torricelli. 

She touched her sore cheek where her father just slapped her. 

"Wow, you really slap me because I did not want to work with the Torricelli? If you really want the alliance, take back the mafia. I quit." 

Eleanora carried her children and walked out of the restaurant without words. 

"We'll go after her." Marco, Raoul, Vincent and Samuel rushed out after Eleanora. 

❀❀❀

Marco run towards her car and knocked repeatedly on her window. 

She rolled down the window and she forced a smile to look at her four best friends. 

"Hey, I guess you guys have a new boss?" They were all frowning at her. After knowing her for so long, she knew that she was hurt deeply and wanted to leave as soon as possible. 

"Are you leaving soon?" She nodded her head. 

"As soon as possible. Don't try to contact me or track me down. I'll be laying low for now. I'll miss you guys." She was holding in her tears for them. 

"We will too. Promise that you will take of yourself and your two angels?" Eleanora took a deep breath and then nodded her head. 

The four of them watches as Eleanora drives away. Just within 24 hours, so many has changed. The man who loves his daughter so much, snapped and slapped her. The man whom they grew up admiring just hurt their best friend. 

But they cannot just quit, for the sake of Eleanora. She built up the mafia with her own efforts and time poured into it. They will run it the way Eleanora will do. 

❀❀❀

Abigail climbed into her mother's lap and softly caresses her sore cheek. Alexander was fast asleep in his seat. 

"What's wrong? Can't sleep?" She cuddles Abigail to her. The little girl shook her head. 

"Mama, does it hurt? When you are hurt, Abi is hurt too." Eleanora hugged the girl closer to her and pats her back in a comforting motion. 

"Don't worry, I'm fine. We are going to a new place and we spend more time together, okay?" She nodded her head and Eleanora continues to hold her daughter until she falls asleep. 

Making the decision to leave the mafia that she built up was heartbreaking but the way her father was obsessed about the traditions and the way to run the mafia, she had enough. She knew her father never approved her way of running the mafia. He tried to various way to convince her to do it the traditional way but she was more insistent. 

She had enough. It seems rejecting Massimo was the last draw. Leaving the mafia opens many options. She could practice medicine again, like what she dreams of. 

Her father never laid a hand on her. Even when she did something wrong, he just scold her or ground her. When he slapped her because of Massimo, she knew she had to leave. 

She turned off her phone at the concerning messages of her brothers and her mother. 

If she leaves the mafia, it is as good as leaving the family. 

❀❀❀

Many hours later... | Kobe, Japan

The private jet of Eleanora safely landed in the private airport that is owned one of her many alliance. Her two children were mesmerised by the new scenery and was excited to get out of the private jet. 

"Eleanora-san, it is always a pleasure to see you." The female Yakuza leader greeted her with a warm welcoming hug. Her two children politely bowed to her and she lets out a laugh. 

"Hello, you two. Your mother taught you two well. Welcome to Kobe!" She welcomed the family of three. 

"Haru-san, if it's no big trouble, if anyone asked for locations, don't give it to them. That's all I asked for. Thank you for letting me park at your airport." She bowed politely to the Yakuza leader. 

"It's no big deal. Enjoy your stay here." Haru hugs her again and heads back into her vehicle. 

It is going to be a new adventure for the three of them. Eleanora is not here for visiting, she is here to stay. 

❀❀❀

A/N

Hello! 

It's a new update! I'm so sorry for not updating last week! I promise to update two chapter this week! The next chapter will be up by Sunday!

Eleanora made a big move to Japan, after leaving her family. How are you guys reacting to this? What will happen after her move to Japan? 

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Stay safe and healthy!

With Love,

Catherine💙