Chapter I

(le cheap divider makes a comeback for le last time)

Conner slid in the car and sighed a happy, romantic sigh.

Conner was going to New York for the third summer in a row and he very excited to see a specific person. His girlfriend of one year, Bree Campbell. They had met at a writing conference for Williams Press two years ago and become a couple earlier summer. This year, Conner was going back to New York to work out some fine details with publishing his second and third books. He had published his first book in Fairytaleopia last summer, and the book had taken off, gathering so many fans, they were practically clawing Williams Press down for the next book.

Bree's book had also taken off, her series of ghosts, graveyards, and ghouls were as captivating as Conner's stories. Almost more. Her series had had a whole year to be famous before his, and critics said that was a good thing, otherwise, people might not have ever read hers. Conner knew that wasn't true, both were amazing writers and deserved to be on the bestseller list in equal spots.

"Someone's in a romantic mood," Mindy noted, pulling out of the flat complex parking lot.

"Be quiet, he's thinking about Bree," Cindy said.

Conner laughed silently at the two. Their love for one another never ceased to amaze him. despite all their teasing, fighting, and bickering, they still stayed together and never strayed. He hoped his and Bree's relationship would stand that solid against the test of time.

"Now he's thinking about how good we are together and that he hopes his and Bree's relationship will survive like ours," Cindy said.

Conner sat up. "How did you know that?"

"You have that, I-love-my-friends-and-I-hope-my-friends-love-me-like-that-too-especially-one-specific-person," Cindy said.

"You are one weird cookie, Cindy," Conner said.

"Our wedding was weirder, though," Mindy said. "I still don't know why we needed to have it formal eighteen-hundred style in a real ballroom. With everyone wearing 80's clothes. And we had an intermission."

"It was a show of times gone past, specifically my favourite times and things from those times," Cindy clarified.

It had been one heck of a wedding.

"But it was weird," Conner said.

"It was cultural," Cindy said.

"You and I have a very different idea of what culture means," Mindy said.

(le cheap divider)

Thankfully the airport wasn't too crowded, and Conner boarded his plane in good time. The plane took off and landed peacefully, and Conner rushed off the plane, eager to see the person who was waiting outside for him.

He rushed through security, bag checking, and all the hoards of people who were standing there. He tried to peer over the people, but it seemed like it was the national be-in-an-airport-if-you're-tall day. Finally, Conner saw the person he was looking for. She was turned from him, but there was no mistaking the trademark purple beanie in the middle of the summer and the long blonde hair.

Stealthy, Conner moved through the crowd and crept up behind Bree. In one swift motion, he hugged her from behind, earning a tiny squeal from her. She knew who it was immediately, and hugged him back.

"Hi, Conner," she said, breaking from his embrace and pecking him on the lips. "I missed you,"

"Missed you too," he said, hugging her again. Bree took ahold of the luggage handle on his suitcase and, with Conner's arm around her waist, they walked out of the airport.

(le cheap divider)