Chapter IV

(le cheap divider)

"It was awesome! With just a few strokes of a pen, I had signed for my book to be published! They're already rolling it off the presses as we speak!" Conner told Bree excitedly as she made them sandwiches in the kitchen.

"That's awesome, Conner!" she said, passing him a sandwich and sitting down at the table. But Conner was too excited to eat. "I remember conveying the same feeling to you over text and phone."

"Yeah, you were so excited when you had your first conference. And second. And third. And fourth...which is coming up! When is that, by the way?" Conner asked.

"It's almost three weeks away," Bree said.

"That's so exciting!" Conner said, still thinking about how cool this all was.

"Conner, if you don't eat your sandwich, then you will die of malnourishment and you will never get to have another cool conference ever again." Bree encouraged.

Conner gasped. "You're right!" he picked up the sandwich and started eating it very fast. Bree just giggled at his funny antics and continued eating herself.

(le cheap divider)

Conner was in his hotel again. He had been thinking about something for the whole summer, and every time he was with Bree, the thought came back more and more.

He wanted to move to New York. Not only to be with Bree, but it was also closer to book events and his workplace. He really worked from home, but the place he worked for would be closer. Then he wouldn't have to travel every summer.

But, he had friends where he lived. He had Cindy and Mindy. He didn't want to miss them too much, he knew they wouldn't miss him. But, they were the best friends he had, so he should go to them for advice.

So, he called them. They picked up in two rings.

"What is it?" the worried voice of Mindy rang out of the speaker.

"Nothing...really," Conner said.

"Spill it." Cindy commanded.

"Well, I love you guys-"

"We love you too," Cindy said.

"Don't interrupt!!" Mindy said. "Continue, Conner."

"Okay, so, I love y'all, but I want to move to New York." Conner declared.

Pause.

"Then move there!!" Cindy shouted.

"Cindy! Temper!" Mindy said.

"That was a happy shout," Cindy said. "Conner, you should move there! We will gladly move your things there for you and you can look for apartments! We both know you just called to make sure we were fine with it, so, yes, we are."

Conner almost didn't know what to say. Cindy was impulsive all of the time, so he didn't know if he should take her seriously, but in his gut, he knew he should.

"But won't you miss me?" he asked.

"Nah," Mindy said. "But we will bring you all your stuff. We have a key and all you have to do is call your landlord, and that's it. We'll take care of cleaning the flat and what-not, but you need to look for apartments ASAP. Okay?"

"Okay," Conner said, still unsure. This was the most impulsive thing he had ever done. And it was the weirdest, too.

"Byie!" Cindy said and hung up.

Conner took a few very deep breaths and proceeded to call his landlord.

(le cheap divider)