Chapter V

(le cheap divider)

Conner had settled it. He had closed his rent payments to his old apartment and had found one in New York. One that was close enough to Bree's, but not too close to be suffocating. Although, he knew Bree wouldn't mind.

Bree. Oh, he had to tell her. He had no idea how was supposed to. Like, give her flowers and say I'm moving to NYC? Tell her offly and let her figure it out? Conner was clueless. He didn't know what to say to her, it had all been such an impulsive move on his part, he had no idea what to even do from there.

He was supposed to meet the owner of the flat in two days to discuss details on ownership and care. The rent was much more expensive than his last flat, but he expected that, it was New York, after all.

(le cheap divider)

Conner walked to Bree's flat with an odd feeling in his stomach. Walking down the streets, he realised he was actually living there from then on. Just the words in his thoughts were weird and strange to him.

He reached Bree's flat and knocked. She opened the door after looking through the peek hole.

"Conner!" she said. "I didn't expect to see you so soon, or I would've gone and picked you up."

"I know, but I needed the walk," Conner said. He had needed the fresh air, but he also didn't know how to tell Bree of his new living situation, so he needed to think. Spoiler, he still didn't know what to do.

"Um, do you wanna come inside?" Bree asked, looking at Conner as he just stood in front of the door oddly.

"Sure," Conner mumbled, stepping inside.

"Are you okay?" Bree asked. She put a hand to his forehead. "Are you sick?"

"I'm not sick!" Conner snapped a bit too harshly. He looked so sad the moment after. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"I know," Bree said, her tone shorter than usual. "It's fine, we're bound to be short with one another some of the time. Like the one fight, we had in the middle of last year- whew, that one was BAD."

Conner laughed with Bree and the tension dissipated. He could tell her soon enough, and everything would be fine, he wasn't bound to tell her on a timeline. Besides, nothing about it was changing, he was free to tell her whenever was fine. But, the sooner the better. And that's what he was worried about.

(le cheap divider)