Chapter IX

(le cheap divider)

The top of the statue was windy, but they made it work. Bree set out the picnic blanket and Conner anchored the corners with rocks. No one was up there, because of the time, and the view was immaculate.

Conner was seated next to a silent Bree as they ate quietly. When she finished her sandwich she erupted in questions.

"Why is your car here? How did it get here? Why is it here? Were you evicted?" she asked in one breath.

"Okay, okay," Conner chuckled. He swallowed and a solemn face returned to him. "Well, this is kinda- no, really big news." he hesitated.

"Come on, what is it?" Bree asked.

"Well, um- I'm living in New York now!" he exclaimed.

Silence.

"Wait, seriously?" Bree asked, excited.

"Yeah," Conner said nervously. "I know it's bit muc-"

"Oh my gosh, that's so great, Conner!" Bree said, sitting up more to lean over and kiss him.

"You really think so?"

"Of course!" she said, throwing her arms around his neck and leaning into him. "Is this why you've been acting weird lately?"

'Yeah, I guess it is," Conner said.

"Well, this is amazing, Conner," Bree said, enjoying the warmth from Conner's body as they watched the stars and the breathtaking view from their own little spot.

(le cheap divider is almost ready to say le goodbye)