Chapter VIII

(le cheap divider)

Conner drove in his car over to Bree's house, trying consciously not to push too hard on the gas. He was excited to take her to the statue, tell her he was living there, and start a life there. If she hadn't already figured things out with him telling her he was picking her up. Then he would give her the award for the best sleuth. Which she already was, but she loved it when he said that.

He had received his things from a very tired Cindy and Mindy earlier that day. they had driven all night and half the day to get him his car and things. All of them. They truly were the best friends he could hope for. He was going to miss them. But they had promised to call him as often as possible before driving off for another long drive home.

He pulled up in front of her flat complex and saw a very confused Bree standing there. She ran around to her side of the car before Conner could even get up. She opened the door and seated herself before looking around the car for a moment.

"Isn't this your car?" she asked.

"Yep," Conner said stealthily and started rolling, making Bree chuckle and pop her seatbelt in.

"But-" she started, but Conner cut her off.

"No questions until we get to the top," he said.

Bree clamped her lips shut on her next questions and just looked around his car. She didn't understand- well, anything. She had her suspicions, but with Conner, it could be anything.

(le cheap divider)