Chapter VII

(le cheap divider)

Bree wasn't sure what was wrong with Conner. He had been acting weird ever since the one day he walked to her place. And then he was saying he was extending his trip, and it was fine, and he hadn't come over for three days.

Bree had been texting with Alan and even he seemed fine with it. Was she the only one who was suspicious? Not of Conner doing anything wrong, but just that he didn't want to spend time with her. It was odd, even for Conner.

Bree loved Conner, and she really wanted him to stay longer in New York, but when he hadn't come over since her extended his trip, she was confused. She really wanted to make the most of the time she had with him before he went back home, and here he was avoiding her at every cost. It seemed like even Alan was avoiding questions or comments about him.

Was there something between them that she didn't know about? Not a relationship, but, like, a secret? She was unsure. She knew Conner was faithful and everything, but she didn't even know what to begin to think of his behaviour.

Bree was looking down at her phone when it lit up, almost scaring her off the couch. She calmed her breathing then looked down at the text message. It was, surprisingly, from Conner.

Conner: hey, wanna do our annual thing and go to the top of the statue of liberty for a date?

Bree looked at her phone for a second. She knew, even with all her doubts, she loved Conner and trusted him. And she wouldn't pass up the opportunity to go to the top of the Statue of Liberty.

Bree: Yep, when?

Conner: tonight?

Bree: sure thing :)

Bree sighed and started to get herself ready to go.

Conner: I'll pick you up at 8:oo.

Bree looked at the text in confusion.

Bree: Don't you mean I'll pick you up?

Conner: No, I'm picking you up. ;)

Bree looked at her phone in confusion again. Wasn't his car at his flat?

(le cheap divider)