Chapter II

(le cheap divider)

The drive to Bree's flat wasn't too long, but it wasn't long enough for them to catch up on life. They were still talking as they trudged up the stairs, leaving Conner's things in the car. They would be driving him to his hotel room after he had some time with Bree.

Setting her bag on the kitchen table, Bree turned to Conner.

"Do you wanna go get coffee or something?" she asked.

"Or we could just talk here," Conner said, wanting to just sit down and chill for a second.

"Are you tired from your trip?" Bree asked caringly.

"Yeah," Conner said as he flopped on her couch. Bree giggled and flopped down next to him. "How's your writing going these days? It's really a hit here," she asked.

"Oh, it's going really well, actually!" Conner said. "I don't have to work a full-time job, so I have more time to write and developed things,"

"Well, maybe when you're done with your whole Fairytaleopia series, we could work on something together?"

"You know, you gave me that idea a little while ago, and I said I'd think about it,"

"So, have you thought any more about it?" Bree pushed.

"Yes."

"And....?"

"Once I am done with Fairytaleopia, then, maybe,"

"Maybe?!? Come on, I'm your girlfriend! And we're both writers, wouldn't it make sense?" Bree whined.

"Okay, okay, a definite possibility, how's that?" Conner asked, laughing softly at her.

"That's good,"

The two sat on the couch next to each other, talking, reminiscing, and theorizing with each other on their writing, their life, and everything in between. After some time, Conner said he should go, and he and Bree got their things to leave.

"We should get coffee on the way to my hotel room since I don't know if I'm going to be alive much longer," Conner said.

"Alright," Bree said, and pulled into a cute little coffee shop on the side of the road.

They walked in and got in line.

"You know the sign on the door said 'The World's Best Coffee' and was starting to doubt that, seeing as this is a little place on the side of the road in New York, but the heavenly aroma in here is quickly changing my mind," Bree laughed at Conner.

"You are so poetic with your words," she said as they stepped up to order coffee. She did a double-take at the cashier.

It was a young man in his apron, a baseball hat, and a little coffee cup-shaped name tag that read 'Alan'.

"Alan!" Bree said. "Oh my gosh, I haven't seen you in forever!"

"Oh, um, hi Bree!" Alan said awkwardly.

Bree turned to a confused Conner. "This is Alan. Alan, Conner. Conner, Alan. Alan and I went to high school together here in NYC!" she turned back to Alan. "How are you, Alan?"

"I'm doing alright, just staying afloat working with coffee, you know how it is," he said with a knowing smile.

"Boy do I ever!" Bree said with the same knowing smile on her face. She turned to a yet again confused Conner. "We worked in the same coffee shop during high school trying to earn enough money to go on a special writer's trip for school."

"Ah," Conner said.

"So, what would you guys like? Wait- let me guess: Bree would like a mocha frappuccino no matter the weather because the beanie on her head keeps her from getting brain freezes, right?" Alan said, happy to see Bree and reminiscence.

"Yep! That's my order," Bree said, smiling. "And, Conner, hold on, a caramel latte with an extra shot of caramel for inspiration?"

Conner laughed along with Bree and Alan. He was glad to see her reminiscence with someone else. Even though he knew Bree had a history, it was fun for him to actually see it.

"That's my order!" Conner said, and they paid and moved along.

(le cheap divider)

[Alan is an OC from yours truly, @Lord_Of_Fanfics . Alan is in TLOS Anonymous, also by @Lord_Of_Fanfics . Please go read that when you are done with this, I can vouch that it is very good. Also, I hope I did a good job portraying him, Thomas!]