Chapter Seven

"So all this time...you've liked me?" I asked, after we finished kissing and Jake decided to help me clean my painted lips, dabbing diligently away. Jake doesn't respond, pursing his lips and avoiding my taunting gaze.

"Why didn't you say so sooner?" I wailed. Jake blinks.

"Because you fucked every girl down the block, you imbecile!" He retorted.

"I fucked them because I wanted to get over my feelings with you!" I explain. Jake facepalms.

"You couldn't have just dated them?" Jake chided.

"Why would I date anyone besides you?" I blurted, before realising what I said. Jake smiles, shaking his head.

"Well I guess that's the point."

I bite my lip.

"And besides it's not like it worked out for you." I mutter. Jake then decides to pull me closer by my waist, dabbing lightly, his eyes squinting to get everywhere. I glance away. He's close. Way too close.

"Jake." I said with urgency.

"Yes?" Jake was acting innocent, knowing full well of the effect he has on me.

"Every fibre of my being is fighting the urge to jump you right now."

Jake snorts, letting go.

"Let's head back before Leo starts suspecting things."

"Suspecting what? That you took a big shit instead?"

Jake gave me a judgemental look. I smirk, planting a chaste kiss on his soft lips, liking the reaction he gives and the relief I feel that I could be able to do that.

It just felt liberating.

Eventually, we head back to see Leo's engrossed in the movie, not even noticing our presence as we walked in.

"Dudes, you just missed the best bit!" Leo exclaims once we sat down on the opposite ends of his bed. I grin.

"What movie were we watching again?" I quizzed. Leo pouts, groaning playfully. We continue to watch the movie, making random comments about it and snickering at the stupid moments of the film.

Soon enough, I notice Leo yawning and becoming more dreary as time passed on. Once the movie ended, he switches the tv off with a click.

"Well I'm going to bed, guys. I'll see you tomorrow." Leo murmurs, sliding off his bed and switching off the lights.

Jake and I slowly get off the bed and tip toe out.

"Goodnight, Leo." Jake whispers, before closing the door behind him. The two of us walk downstairs, quietly so that we don't also wake up Leo's parents at the other end of the mansion in the process. We put on our shoes that were placed opposite the doorway and headed out into the dark world. I sigh, slightly enjoying the crisp, cold air.

"Let me drive you home." Jake insisted. I grin.

"Chivalrous, I see." I tease, even though this was an occasional thing he did. Jake shrugs, before leading me into his car. I get into the passenger's seat, doing my seatbelt.

"Today was fun." Jake says. I nod, as he drives away.

It was fun.