36. Tayla

When awareness seeps in, I realize I'm warm. That in itself isn't a problem, except the source of my delicious warmth is the wall of solid flesh under my cheek, hand, and leg.

Abs. So many abs under my fingertips. Each one a ridge of deliciousness.

I've breached the pillow barrier I set up between us. I might not mind if my subconscious cuddled like a normal person. But no, that would be asking for too much. Both my cheek and my hand rest on his abs and my leg is thrown over his, effectively immobilizing him. My elbow is dangerously close to brushing against something else that's likely hard and rigid.

How long have I been like this?

I stifle a groan. He's probably wishing he slept on the floor.

"You must have been an octopus in another life," Simon mumbles from the head of the bed.

Shit. He's figured out I'm awake. I hoped to extract myself before he realized.

I scoot away from him to my side. "Sorry," I mutter. Pillows litter the bed as though I didn't just breach the wall but blew it up for good measure. I yank the duvet over my half-naked body. Of all the sleeping attire I could have packed, I had to pick this flimsy piece of fabric. At the time, I was aiming for cool and light. With Simon in the room, it quickly fell into the barely clothed category.

"I'm not complaining." Simon shifts on his side to face me.

He's all sexy and rumpled. Heat pools in my belly while an ache spreads across my chest. How is it possible to miss someone when they're right beside you? My raging hormones are playing havoc on my mind.

"You sleep okay?" he asks.

"Like an octopus."

"Funny, you didn't change colors during your REM sleep."

I frown. "How do you know about that?"

"Decided to do a web search on my phone while you were wrapped around me last night. Didn't allow for much movement." A sly grin floats across his face.

He's enjoying my discomfort. Asshole. "You could have woken me up."

"What fun would that have been? You'd have moved." He stretches, his lean muscles flexing. "You were softer and warmer than that wall of pillows." He rotates onto his stomach and shoves his pillow under his head. "I'll let you do it again tonight, if you want. Don't worry. I don't feel used."

I shove his shoulder and can't help laughing. On the nightstand, the alarm on my phone rings, signaling it's time to get ready to face off with GameSetMatch.

"Did you want to shower first?" He trails my body, his gaze hot.

My body ignites. "You calling me dirty?" The flirty tone is automatic, and I squeeze my lips together, annoyed with myself. We've slipped into our usual easy rapport. "Forget I said that." I lean forward, ready to crawl across the bed to the en suite, but if I do that, he'll get a hell of a show. I sit back and bite my lip. There's no dignified way to do this. No matter what, I'm scrambling over or across a bed.

"Want me to close my eyes?" He smirks.

"Would you keep them closed?" I give him a wry smile.

"I don't need to look. My imagination is excellent."

"Probably better than reality." I gather my things from the bedside table.

"I said I didn't need to look, not that I didn't want to." He tugs at a corner of the pillow. "You're my dream woman, Tay. I'm not giving up any opportunities with you."