vi

"you—"

jaemin weirdly eyed his friend who gasped while looking at renjun.

"what?" renjun asked and signalled jaemin what's wrong. why is his friend looking at him like he stole the last nugget left in the world?

"he's the guy who bumped to me yesterday!" mark shouted.

renjun shrugged at jaemin, "i did what? i bumped into you— yah! you're the one who passed me bad luck yesterday!" the scene of him falling on his butt flashed into his head, making him remember the boy.

shifting gazes at them, jaemin clicked his spoon to his food tray to gain their attention. "you know each other?"

"the reason why i asked you for a favor! the rude guy!" mark explained to him and side glared at the chinese.

that's when he realized, "he's the two feet tall guy?"

"two feet— excuse me?!" renjun offendedly scoffed, mirroring mark's deadly stares.

"can you two calm down? you sit right in front of each other," jaemin complained and cupped his ears. the two were like timed bombs that set off the moment they saw one another.

the canadian heaved a sigh and kept his composure. "you know him?" he calmly asked his friend.

"we share some classes together," he replied.

mark unintentionally— i repeat, unintentionally darted his eyes at renjun but the chinese squinted his eyes, judging his whole existence and raising a brow as if it was a sin to stare at him.

renjun carried on with being nice and considerate. he just doesn't get it why his bad bitch side got triggered when he saw mark. maybe because their first meeting wasn't very much pleasant. or maybe they were archenemies in their past lives.

"let me properly introduce you guys. renjun, this is my friend mark lee. he's from the engineering department, president of the student campaign," jaemin introduced his friend.

despite being a first year, the canadian became easily became a club president because of the good words his seniors from high school put unto his name. he was the student council president back then, also a consistent achiever, archery club member and he handles the youth club on their district. he quite had the reputation of a role model, and sometimes an ideal son-in-law for the aunties around his neighborhood.

that explains why he is never free, never unstressed, and never not on his phone that kept buzzing, reminding him of all his responsibilities.

"hyung, it's my friend, and when i mean my friend, you need to be nice to him. he's renjun," he warned the canadian.

snickering, mark decided to be civil and offered him his hand, "mark lee."

halfheartedly shaking his hand, renjun nodded at him once, "huang renjun."

"i would like to go to the rest room but i'm afraid only one of you will be breathing when i come back," jaemin prompted.

renjun sweetly smiled at him, "and that only one will be me," he said and plastically smiled at mark too.

which the canadian mirrored. "don't worry, jaemin. i'm the one who's leaving," he replied and stood up, bringing his barely touched lunch.