xx

jaemin kind of regrets having mark lee as a friend. now he's on the verge of being late to the entrance exam just because he totally got knocked out last night after drinking with his best friend.

he's running as if his whole life depended on it— scratch that, his whole life really depends on it. if he failed to take the test for the animation major on his dream university, he might as well die. he didn't persuade his mom for months to let him study at seoul only to fail.

while running, he opened his bag to take his phone out when he bumped into someone. it was a man, probably older by him for years. both of their bags fell, which is coincidentally identical (but he wasn't surprised because his bag is trendy so it's common to see that everywhere) so jaemin immediately took his and bowed down, "i'm sorry."

"that's fine," the man said before passing by him.

after the man left, jaemin continued running until he got on the bus stop. he quickly dialled mark's number because he doesn't know if he's still alive or his parents killed him for drinking hard last night. "hyung, did they disown you?" he greeted him as he mark picked the call up.

"soon they will. anyways, are you at school now?" mark said. the entrance exam for engineering students are held last week so he had zero worries.

"i woke up late and probably end my life here. damn, are they strict with the time?" he worriedly asked and checked the time.

"no."

a sigh of relief trailed of jaemin's lips, "thanks goodness."

"no is what would i say if i want you to remain calm but if i'm going to be honest, yes. they don't let anyone enter the room when the clock strikes ten am."

jaemin now fully regrets having mark as a friend. "i'm going to snap your neck— the bus is here! i'm gonna call you later. stay alive until then!"

he rushed inside the bus in fear of getting late. he doesn't have any apps on his phone to pay for the bus fare so he uses his transportation card instead. he opened his bag but to his surprise, it doesn't have anything. he rummaged inside it, hoping he's just imagining things due to the hangover but satan said he gotta fuck jaemin's life harder— he just got robbed and he's completely unaware.

"the guy—" jaemin wanted to scream. did he just got fooled?

"kid, you're holding in the line," the bus driver said that made jaemin snap out of his thoughts.

okay. maybe seoul university is not for him. fate is pretty showing it now.

someone lightly pushed him to the side and went in front of the ticketing system and tapped his phone twice, "two students," the unknown boy said before walking down the aisle and taking a seat.

dumbfounded, jaemin also found himself a seat, which is in front of the guy who payed his fare for him. looking back, he mumbled, "thanks."

the boy only nodded at him and put on his airpods. jaemin sat properly and buried his face in his palms in frustration. out of all days— why does he have to be robbed now?

good thing he kept his admission slip on the back of his phone or else he's dead for real this time. putting his phone down at the empty seat beside him, he opened the bag again to check. but who was he kidding, it's still empty. it exactly looks like his bag, though. that's why he didn't notice it got swapped.