xiv

twelve is suffering from laziness stage 4

anyways, happy 1k reads, ig? this book is already one week old lol

the first plan seemed to fail.

"two weeks?" renjun repeatedly what the librarian just said. "uhm, i guess i can't do anything about it," he humbly smiled.

"i'm really sorry. but we'll make sure to find a new assistant as soon as possible then you can fully resign," the librarian apologized again.

renjun slumped down his swivel chair and tiredly rested his cheek on the table. "should life really fuck me this bad?" he mumbled to himself.

"that's what you get for even thinking you can leave me alone," jisung said, eyes and hands both busy on the online game he's playing. "we've been friends and library buddies for two months, you betrayer," he dramatically added.

"you haven't done me anything good and you just make me wanna bang my head on the wall, of course i'll leave you," he rolled his eyes.

"that hurts!" jisung whined. "anyways, why are you quitting suddenly?"

it's not needed to say because of jeno, so he simply replied, "i need to focus on my studies."

"you're doing well even when you're here. you can't just leave me. what if my next library partner is some pedophile in disguise? oh gosh, i'm so gonna blame you," the younger exaggerated and put down his phone after losing his game.

scoffing, renjun lazily backfired, "just be yourself and be annoying, i believe they'll stop soon."

"you hate me this much? hmp," jisung glared at him. "just because you and jaemin hyung got it into the motherboard, you're acting so high," he made faces.

sitting properly, confusion grew into renjun's face. "motherboard?"

jisung nodded, "you haven't seen your photo on the motherboard?

"what photo? i can't re—" jolting from his seat, renjun almost cursed out loud when he realized. "yah, park jisung, let's go to the motherboard!" he pulled his arm to make him stand up.

"can't you go there by yourself?" jisung restrained as he wanted to do nothing but to sit down and be one with his chair.

"i don't know where it is!"

"you've been here for three months for pete's sake!" jisung unbelievably exclaimed before complying.

"i'm bad at directions, okay?" renjun said while following jisung. "walk faster, you have long limbs for a reason!"

rushing to where the hell the motherboard is— the board where all the important announcements, gatherings information and advertisements are posted— renjun tried to scan it and find the picture.

and when he did, his eyes widened at the caption of the picture that was taken back when they bought plushies: nct university freshman couples ranking 2020.

"w-why does it have a number one here," renjun stuttered.

"because you won the school's votes? i mean, i didn't even knew you were dating na jaemin. all this time i thought it was lee jeno," the younger retorted.