viii

huge time gap!!!
short update!!!

"what's his name? jennie? jaemwhat?" chenle nonstop asked about the guy's name that he heard yesterday. he couldn't believe his best friend is now even having a shower at another person's house. renjun has grown a lot since his absence.

tired of his best friend's investigation, renjun decided that it's time for him to end the call and focus on reading notes for their test on monday. "jaemin. he's just a friend. anyways, i have to go now. i'll call you tomorrow, okay?"

"look at you dodging my questions. fine, kiss your books all night long. love you!"

renjun only hummed before ending the call. sunday and he's dying at his room. there's a lot to review and he's already tired and sleepy.

college is indeed not a joke. it's too different from high school and renjun felt like giving up already.

but what can he do, it's not as if he could quit school.

he'd hang in there for a few more months. it's for his dream. he'll study hard to achieve his wanted marks.

yet renjun is already crawling to his bed, tucking himself under his warm duvet. "fuck college," he hissed and turned off the lamp.

and renjun really did survived two months in college. surprisingly.

but what he couldn't survive is having jeno's warm breath brushing against his lip, feeling his arm around his lithe waist.

"aish, look at this reckless riders. they could've killed someone with that speed," jeno annoyedly commented, eyes following the motorcycle that almost hit renjun if it weren't for him pulling him. "are you hurt anywhere? let me see— oh, sorry," jeno didn't realized they were that close and took a step back.

if the two continue to walk in silence, jeno would probably hear how loud renjun's heart is pounding against his chest.

it's getting out of hand. his feelings towards jeno.

the fact that the two only became closer the past month, riding the same bus home every day, only a stone wouldn't fall with jeno's beautiful smile and personality. no— even a stone will fall for him, that's how much power he holds.

in short, renjun is a certified whipped from this moment onwards.

if only he could just hold jeno's inviting hand that kept faintly rubbing against his. if only he could just tiptoe and just kiss him right away. he would.

he would but couldn't.

chenle is right. college is fun when you have someone to cuddle after exams.

a sign. a nudge. a yes. just one, and renjun swore, he will confess. without any fear of being rejected. he'll take the risk.

"— that's how i ended up dating the guy i once adored from afar. so what are you waiting for? confess now! who knows, your crush might like you too!"

why is everything around renjun today is about confessions?

from their classes that are tackling about the romance genre. from his seatmates that are chattering between classes about how his crush asked him out after sending him a love letter. and now even the story entry for the school radio.