xviii

short ud :<

renjun had been awake for ten minutes now but did not dare to stand up from where he's sleeping.

he's afraid to wake jaemin up. the poor boy was soundlessly sleeping. plus, he's kinda enjoying the privilege of seeing jaemin's ethereal visual up close. another plus, he couldn't really move because they ended up being chest to chest for an unknown reason.

jaemin had his arm wrapped around his waist securely. they're too close that renjun could feel jaemin's breath on his nose.

his alarm already rang so whether he like it or not, he needed to make a way to get up and cook breakfast. he put extra effort to be cautious to get out of his grasp. succeeding, he went to do his morning rituals and cooked before it turned eight.

his kinda boyfriend is still on bed so he took his trashes out first and separated them on their respective trash bins (save the earth!!!).

when he returned to his room, it was the exact time that he saw jaemin going out of the bathroom. "you're already awake," he said before going to the sink to wash his hands.

"yeah. good morning," he drowsily greeted and stretched a bit.

"do you want to take a shower before going home? chenle left some clothes here, i can lend it to you," renjun offered and set the table.

sitting down on the dining table, jaemin shakes his head, "i have a ten am class so i'd just head straight home and take a bath there," he retorted.

the chinese only nodded his head and continued eating with jaemin. he also has class at nine am that's why he's already dressed up.

they're both chasing after the time so after eating, jaemin brushed his teeth with the new toothbrush renjun gave him. putting on his hoodie and hanging his backpack on, he stole a peck on the chinese's cheek before running outside, "see you at school!"

"that sly bunny," renjun whispered to himself, thumbing the place where jaemin kissed him.

he'll let it slide, just this once. since he's able to sleep in peace because of his company.

the next is a bad day for the both of them. renjun being stuck at the lecture hall to finish his portfolio that he totally forgot because of his problems about his stupid heart. and jaemin... it's a bad day for him because not being able to have lunch with him is already a problem.

"you can't skip lunch," jaemin reminded him as he watch him rummaged through his scattered papers on the table.

"i can if i want to survive freshman years. i've been preoccupied lately that i completely forgot this," he stressed out, sighing when finally found the page he needed. if the professor didn't call out his name today that he's one of the three students who failed to pass the portfolio in time, he would never remember it. the professor only gave him one day extension out of pity.

to be huang renjun and suffer from a heartbreak and school works. sucks to be him, he thought.

"do you really have to finish it today?" jaemin worriedly asked. he already passed his a week ago and he never thought renjun wouldn't.

without glancing at him, renjun nodded, hands both busy. "go and eat, jaem. let's go out once i finish this."

with a sigh of defeat, jaemin took his bag and stand up. "i'll get going, then."

"yeah. see you."

renjun didn't look up until he heard the door closed. he somehow hoped jaemin would stay. but meh, he knew the boy had more important priorities than him.

all he could hear inside the four corners of the lecture hall is the clicks on the keyboard of his laptop and his low groans of frustration. he typed as fast as he can although he knew he's making lots of typos. he just wanted to finish it as soon as possible.

his head is throbbing and his hands are tired but he can't stop. if only he didn't spent nights on crying over lee jeno, he would've done this immediately.

"fuck, i hate my life," he set aside his laptop first and slammed his face down the table. he's on the verge of crying because the university struggle is real. he's tired.

he felt the involuntary tears rolling on his cheeks so he lifted his head to wipe them away. "why are you crying, you dumb-" before he could even finish his sentence, he felt a cold surface touch his cheeks.

"i'm going to fight you if you keep insulting yourself," jaemin's low voice ghosted his ear from behind and renjun looked back at him in confusion. "hi," he cutely giggled before sitting beside renjun.

"i told you to eat lunch," he mumbled while removing any traces of tears on his face. "why are you here again?"

"do you think i'd eat lunch without you?" he replied and showed renjun the strawberry frappe he bought at starbucks. "i got you your favorite," he smiled at him.

renjun smiled widely. that's why he felt a sudden chill on his cheek. "thanks- wait, isn't starbucks far from here? you should've bought me one from the cafeteria," he realized.

it's indeed far from the university. jaemin ran as fast as he could to buy renjun his favorite drink from his favourite brand and so that it won't melt. "it's fine. i also bought you some snacks or whatever," he took out a paper bag that has a street toast egg sandwich and a bag of strawberries.

renjun's mouth agape by the sight of the effort jaemin is offering him. what exactly did he do for jaemin? why is he treating him this dearly? why...

renjun is aware how unlikeable he is. even him hates himself. he's just an average college student who never got friends except chenle until college. his schoolmates used to hate him before for his frank attitude. no one made him feel more special than jaemin does.

it's hard to believe that jaemin is willing to go through this difficulties for him.

"eat up, love," his smiles. his smiles are never unfaltering when he's with renjun. his eyes looked so happy and renjun thinks it's so wrong. jaemin deserves someone better.

renjun is hesitant. jaemin deserves someone who won't have second thoughts about him.

but for seven days... can't he be just selfish and feel worthy for awhile? he's willing to let jaemin go for him to find the one who deserves him, but not now.

"you're sweating. it's hot outside yet you ran," renjun nagged while trying to fight back the tears. he used the back of his hand to wipe the little amount of sweats from jaemin's forehead.

jaemin apologetically smiled at him, "sorry. have a rest first. i'll wait for you until you finish."

without complaining, renjun complied. he doesn't want to throw jaemin's efforts away. while he silently ate, jaemin took his laptop and started typing down.

renjun panicked on what he's doing. they'll both be dead if the professor learned that jaemin, who already got his portfolio back and with marks, is helping him.

"jaemin-"

"i'll help you a bit. promise, just a little. professor wouldn't know. and if he ever did, i'll take full responsibilities," he just couldn't stay still. renjun looked so stressed. he doesn't like interfering with other students' works but it's renjun we're talking about.

na jaemin is so perfect. why would someone like him, a campus heartthrob, even fall for a simple guy like him?

renjun hates himself. why can't it just be jaemin instead of jeno? why do they both have to suffer for liking the people who can't like them back?

📝

twelve today: stress level 99999

my sister's wedding is tomorrow and fUCK we're in chaos