Chapter 2

"I'm so sorry sir, I'm afraid I can't take Aoyama's shift this evening," Izuku answered apologetically. "Is everything alright," his manager, Aizawa, replied in a curious tone. He would always take extra shifts, his apartment was expensive. "Everything is fine, just extra work at uni," he replied, the exhaustion in his voice watering down his usual energetic smile. "Of course, don't worry about it," he said. He smiled and walked out of the room. 

Truthfully, Izuku had no school work left because it was a Saturday. He finishes all his work on Friday and if he can't finish it or if it is an ongoing project he picks it back up on Monday. He was just tired of having to catch a late train and did not want to miss Bakugo. He had finally grown tired of skipping songs on his AirPod and had decided today he was going to return it back. He did not want to deal with Bakugo, however. He was tired of his constant sour mood on the train and frown that he had cast upon his face at all times. He assumed it was because of the missing AirPod and he didn't want him to continue the misery. 

He boarded the train he was usually on and was surprised to find it full. Like last Saturday where he originally "met" him, if you can even call it that. Izuku sighed and sat next to him except this time, he was awake his eyes looking out the window the sad Airpod in his ear. "Hi", he said meekly. Bakugo turned his head and rolled his eyes at him before facing the window once more. "Um, anyway," he said, "I found an AirPod on the seat last Saturday where you were sitting and was wondering if it was yours". He knew it was his. Izuku pulled it out of his bag and held it in his palm. "Thanks", he said gruffly, holding his palm out and Izuku dropping the AirPod in his hand. He put the Airpod back in and started to play the music louder, probably in attempt to drown out the boy next to him. 

He rolled his eyes and picked up his phone excited to find a message from Uraraka. He made sure not to touch the blond boy next to him. 

Uraraka:

Hey babe, I can't make it to urs tonite. So sorry, see you some time next week tho xx

Izuku:

Oh haha, how come? 

Uraraka:

Sorry, family things

Izuku:

Omg is everything ok ????

Uraraka:

Yeah calm down gotta go bye 

Izuku

Ok, bye, I love you <3

*read 5:43 pm*

Sighing at the read notification, he dug his wired headphones from the bottom of his bag and was upset when he found them tangled up together. He began to undo the mess, pulling an earbud through one hole and the other through the next. His eyes began to fill with tears as he couldn't undo them and the wires were wrapped around his hands. Of course, he thought to himself, Uraraka can't come today, my stomach is killing me, I have a rager headache and I can't get these dumb headphones untangled. He threw his head back and breathed out through his mouth, staring at the light above him hoping his tears would disappear. 

"Do you need help", a soft voice replied from beside him. He looked at Bakugo, his tears blurring his vision. "No thank you", he replied with a quivering smile. The blond shrugged and turned his head away watching the sun slowly disappear down the horizon. He attempted to untangle it once more before giving up. Izuku turned to Bakugo and held the headphones in front of his face, shyly biting his lip. He turned to look at Izuku. He cleared his throat and mumbled a soft "Please". He took the headphones from his hand and untangled it in less than a minute.