Chapter 5

Katsuki sat at the beach for several hours, until the sunset, lost in his thoughts. People laughing and enjoying their time around him. He did not even laugh when a kid's ice cream fell. It was obvious that something was wrong. His coffee got cold in his hands and he watched the tide slowly rise. 

He was startled out of his trance by a blue frisbee hitting him. A little girl with long white-blue hair was running towards him with a taller blond and blue-eyed boy running after her. 

"Sorry, Mister. I've never been to the beach before and I must have gotten too excited", she said her eyes wide, a huge smile covering her face. Normally, Bakugo would yell at the kid but her huge smile reminded him of the green-haired boy's laugh when he untangled his headphones. "It's ok. I love the beach too." The little girl giggled slightly and sat down next to Bakugo, the blond that was chasing her stood a few metres away. Bakugo didn't notice that she had sat next to him and his face returned to the mask of thought. 

"Whatcha thinkin' about", she asked. "Life," Bakugo laughed bitterly. "What about it," the little girl pried further. She pushed her hair behind her ear and cracked a smile, her tooth that was growing in showing. "Soulmates", she asked curiously. 

Bakugo stared at her incredulously. "How did you know..." She giggled once more, the laugh warming Bakugo, a smile appearing on his face. If his friends saw him acting kindly, they would have a heart attack. "Mirio explained it to me when I saw him kissing Tamaki", she explained. "I'm Eri, by the way," Eri said holding her small hand out. Her red eyes were mischievous and she was the most adorable thing Bakugo had seen, except for maybe the boy on the train. 

Bakugo held out his hand, amused, and she grabbed his index finger and shook it. Katsuki's heart melted, although he would never admit it. "Wanna talk about it? Talking always helps me", Eri spoke. "Well, Eri, my name is Bakugo", Bakugo began. He didn't know how to explain it to this little girl. "I think I may have met my soulmate, but I yelled at them and they started crying", Katsuki said, leaving out all of the rude attitude he constantly gave Izuku on the train. "You think? Did you guys touch or not", Eri asked confused. Katsuki laughed. 

"No, we haven't. They are just different. You know..." He trailed off not knowing where to go. "I think you need to apologise. That's what Mirio always says. To give him a hug and say sorry and that you'll try not to do it again." Katsuki sighed. "You're probably right", he said giving Eri a small smile. 

He didn't want to break her heart by saying he didn't even know the boy's name or if they were ever going to meet again. 

"Do you want to hang out again? You're super fun!" Eri stood up and began to brush off the sand, fixing her hat. Bakugo helped her fix her hat on straight and stood up as well, towering over little Eri. "I would love to, but we should probably talk with your Mirio first." 

Eri grabbed Bakugo's fore-finger, his heart-melting once more, and she took him over to the boy. 

"Mirio, this is Bakugo, Bakugo, Mirio", she explained before running away to Tamaki. "Sorry about that", Mirio laughed scratching the back of his neck. "You're fine. She's amazing." Mirio smiled at Bakugo. "I was going over there to stop her, but I think she helped you. And she looks super happy now, she definitely thinks you guys are friends", Mirio mused looking at Tamaki tie her blue hair into a ponytail. "Honoured", Bakugo said also turning towards her. 

"It looked like you were having serious troubles today. I kept looking back to check on you but you did nothing. Is everything ok", Mirio asked. Bakugo was a different person that day. He was certain of it. Why else did he start spilling his guts out to Mirio?

He finished explaining from the time he fell asleep on the train to the last time he saw him when he yelled at him. The two boys were now sitting on the blanket and Mirio passed Bakugo a can of soda. "And I think he is my soulmate because I can't get him out of my head. Ever since I first met him he was the first thing I thought of when I woke up and my last thought when I fell asleep. When I helped him on the train and he started laughing the sound was so cute I thought I fell in love right then and there. And trust me, I'm not a nice person who goes around loving people and caring about them and other shit." Bakugo groaned placing his head in his hands and tugging on his hair lightly.