Chapter 18

The sky mimicked the emotions of both boys with the sun shining brightly and happily above their heads. The cool wind ruffled their hair and clothes, their hands that were connected, swinging between them. Izuku had tied up his hair into a baby bun, with tendrils of the green curls contorting around his face. His sunglasses were shielding his green eyes from the harsh glare of the sun. Katsuki was next to him, his blond hair constantly moving and his own sunglasses covering his crimson, angry eyes. 

Katsuki had finally led them to the park. They sat beneath a tree that was providing enough shade to cover them both. Katsuki pulled out the blanket and laid it down on the grass, and they both sat down. They were facing a large body of glittering water, the sun reflecting off it blinding and gorgeous. Izuku gasped softly as he took in the beauty of the park. He could hear families and friends enjoying their days, some kids splashing in the river. 

"Kat! This place is so pretty. How'd you find it?" Izuku asked his mouth still partially open from shock. "I use to come here when I was a kid. You see that branch over there," Katsuki stopped and pointed to a branch of wood stretching across a small stream that had veered from the river. Izuku squinted his eyes and nodded when he saw it. "I was playing with my friends when I fell into the stream. One of my friends helped me up, but I haven't seen him in years." 

Izuku had a feeling as though he remembered this place and Katsuki's story, but the annoying feeling didn't lead him to any solid conclusions. "It's ok! I'm sure they do think of you!" Izuku said grinning. Katsuki rolled his eyes and turned his attention to the basket. With a blush on his cheeks from Izuku's grin, he pulled out the speaker and turned it on connecting it to his phone. 

"Can I choose a song," came Izuku's request from beside him. Katsuki nodded and helped Izuku connect his phone to the speaker. They heard the noise from the speaker that he had connected it and Izuku turned on his streaming app and put on one of his favourite playlists. 'This side of Paradise' began playing, and Izuku clapped his hands when he heard the song. "I love this song," he exclaimed cutely. 

"Oh! I've been meaning to ask you," Izuku started, "how did you meet Eri and Mirio?" Katsuki faced Izuku, stretching one of his legs out on the blanket, the other folded on the floor. He leaned back on his hands. "I met them at the beach. The little brat hit me," Katsuki scoffed. "You're so dramatic," Izuku huffed. "They hit me with a frisbee, and she came up to me and started making conversation. They were nice and helped me that day, so I had to pay them back somehow," he further explained. "And you thought being their friend was good payback? Ouch, how they must be suffering right now," Izuku sighed dramatically, lifting his hand to his forehead and falling back onto the blanket. 

Katsuki kicked him with his foot, and Izuku let out a cry of pain. "Kidding, of course," Izuku said, sitting back up, rubbing the spot where Katsuki kicked at him. "Too late," Katsuki snorted, pulling out a container and throwing it to Izuku's face. Izuku let out a squeak and quickly moved his hand. He caught the container and set it next to him. "What was that for," he cried angrily. "Dunno. Felt like it," Katsuki said shrugging and smirking. "Screw you," Izuku pouted and Katsuki laughed. 

"Shut up and eat your food," Izuku scowled whilst opening the container. Katsuki merely smiled and opened his own food and they both began eating. Izuku scarfed down his food in minutes and Katsuki took his time as they spoke. 

"Highschool... High school was a mess," Izuku spoke with a sigh. "Can't relate. I have always been amazing," Katsuki replied cockily. "Do you ever stop," Izuku let out, honestly shocked at this guys ego. Katsuki just shook his head, a sly smirk on his face. "Anyway, I was bullied. But then I met my friends and things started looking up. It was chill," Izuku said. "Who were your friends," Katsuki asked, curious as to who helped his soulmate in high school. "Tsu, Uraraka, Shoto, Shinso... A few others as well. They're just the ones I stuck with out of school," Izuku explained smiling. "Shinso helped you," Katsuki asked, seemingly finding it absurd. "He's not that bad. He just doesn't like you," Izuku replied with a shrug. "Rude," Katsuki scoffed. "Do you like him," Izuku asked. "Well, no. But so what!" Katsuki replied.