Chapter 15

Izuku got off of his shift around seven pm and headed to the train station. He went on his usual train, following his daily routine. He pulled out his phone and checked his messages, surprised to find one from Katsuki. He opened the message and texted back. 

Katsuki 

Hi, Midoriya. I was wondering if you wanted to stop by the restaurant tonight. Everyone will be out - as in Kaminari, Shinso, Mina, Sero, Kirishima - so you wouldn't have to worry about them seeing us. Some of my friends are coming, the ones from the beach and they wanted to meet you. I understand if you can't come, please just let me know. 

Izuuuuku 

hi, Bakugo :) I would love to meet your friends tonight that'd be pretty cool. let me know what time I should drop by!

Katuski

Maybe around eight? And if you wanna catch a late-night movie - on me - I'd be down.

Izuuuuku

a late movie sounds good :) 

also, I can't hang out tmrw (Monday) to Thursday I have uni and work so I'm booked

Katsuki frowned at the message. It was Sunday so he only had this evening and Friday to win him over. 

Katsuki 

Wait, does that mean I have less than 48 hours to convince you? And are you free all Friday? 

Izuuuuku

Hehe, yeah :') and yes I'm free all Friday so plan away :P

Katsuki

Alright. You know where I work, right? I'll see you soon? 

Izuuuuku

yessss and cya soon 

Izuku began walking to Katsuki's restaurant, a slight pep in his step. He was excited, although he didn't want to admit it. Besides, he had been craving the Ground Zero special for days on end and he was excited to eat it. 

He finally arrived at the restaurant and walked in, the blast of cool A.C. on his face, music playing and the smell of food hitting his senses all at once. The dim overhead lights created a warm and comforting atmosphere and the family, couples and friends seemed to be enjoying their nights. He smiled at everyone, nerves gathering in his stomach as he realised that he would probably be introduced as someone's soulmate. Not to mention, he had to make a good impression on these people. What if Katsuki's friends don't like me? Who is even coming this evening? I wonder what movie we'll watch.

Izuku was fiddling with the tags on his backpack, playing with the frayed edges. He stood by the wooden podium, waiting for a waitress or waiter. To his surprise, a fiery blond with an unreadable expression walked out. "Oi, dumbass! This way." Izuku grinned and walked to Katsuki, giving him a quick hug. He saw Katsuki blush a little and Izuku giggled at his slightly flustered reaction at the contact. Not that Izuku could say he wasn't blushing either. 

"So, it's Mirio and Eri. Mirio's soulmate wanted to stay at home - I don't know why - and it's just going to be the four of us. By the way, Eri is like seven so that's that." Izuku smiled and shot Katsuki a dorky two thumbs up making Katsuki scoff and roll his eyes. "They should be here in five minutes. What do you want? I can give the order to the kitchen right now whilst we wait." Izuku frowned and followed Katsuki through the tables, dodging the people in the chairs and the staff with plates, cups and menus.

"Wouldn't it be better manners if we waited for them? I mean, I don't mind, but I think it would be better to wait," Izuku explained. Katsuki came to a sudden stop at the table, making Izuku bump into him. "Ow," he complained rubbing his nose. "Pay attention, dumbass," Katsuki replied. "And whatever, up to you," Katsuki said, his tone unbothered and partially bored.