Chapter 17

Izuku woke up naturally, his mind instantly drawing to Katsuki. His heart began racing slightly and his cheeks heated up. He took a few deep breaths and slapped himself a few times. "It's going to be ok. It's just a date. It doesn't matter. We are soulmates. He'll still like me. He'll still like me? Oh, God. What if he doesn't? I'm going to puke," Izuku groaned out before turning onto his stomach and yelling into his pillow.

He sat up, dried drool on his cheek and his curly hair unruly and messy. "You got this," Izuku whispered to himself. He got up from his bed and shook his hands and stretched his neck. He was being dramatic but in his defence, it was his soulmate. Also, it's Izuku, so, he's going to be dramatic. He walked out of his room and to the bathroom where he brushed his teeth and showered. He walked out and saw that it was eleven-thirty. He walked to his kitchen with his towel around his waist. He crouched down and opened the fridge sighing when he saw nothing good was in there. He closed the door and then opened it again as if it would change the contents.

He sighed and started to think about Katsuki again. He blushed and buried his head in his hands. He looked up at the roof and closed his eyes. "You got this," he repeated to himself for the second time this morning. He walked back to his bedroom and started to look for clothes to wear.

I have no clothes.

He groaned and looked at the bed where all of his options laid. He grabbed the black high waisted shorts and a white t-shirt and put them on. He grabbed Katsuki's jacket and contemplated what he should do with it. Should I return it? Should I wear it? He decided on the latter. He put the oversized jacket on, Katsuki's smell of caramel engulfed his senses. Izuku blushed. Again. He looked at himself in the mirror and put on some white sneakers. Grabbing some bracelets and an anklet, he put them on and walked out. He walked to his mirror and ruffled his now dry hair, smiling at his reflection. "You. Got. This."

He checked the time and decided he should leave. He grabbed the small black backpack and his sunglasses, placed his keys, wallet, and phone and walked to the station.

***

Katsuki woke up and started his morning as per usual. He went to the gym, ate breakfast, whatever. His mind wasn't on what he was doing, but rather the events that the day should hold. He took a shower and walked to his room. He sat on his bed and scrolling through his social media's.

He still couldn't get his mind off of Izuku. His cheeks turned slightly red and he clenched his phone tightly in his hand. "Don't fuck up," he said to himself before he stood up to grab some clothes. He pulled out some beige wide-legged pants and a white t-shirt button-down, that he tucked into his pants. He undid the first few buttons and put on a necklace and some rings. He put on a black belt and he put on some black sneakers and walked to the picnic basket. He grabbed the food from the fridge and placed them gently into the basket. He placed his phone, wallet, keys in a pocket and walked out with some sunglasses on, struggling to close the door whilst also holding the basket.

Eventually, he got it locked and walked to the station, his palms sweating with anticipation.

***

Izuku waved enthusiastically at the blond who was standing by a vending machine. Izuku noticed the large basket and his eyes widened in excitement. He quickly ran over to Katsuki, throwing his arms around the taller males shoulders and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Hi!" Izuku basically yelled. "Jesus. Hi," Katsuki responded, his cheeks pink because of Izuku's quick kiss. Katsuki's eyes widened when he saw Izuku in his jacket. Does he get cuter every time I see him? 

"Are we going on a picnic," Izuku asked now speaking like an overly excited child. "Yeah. I hope you like picnics. I didn't really know what you wanted to do but I thought this would be fun," Katsuki mumbled. Izuku beamed back at him. "I love picnics so much! I go on them all the time with my friends. Ah! You chose so well. I'm even more excited to hang out now," Izuku grinned. "Great. I'll keep that in mind for next time," Katsuki replied, a small smile blooming on his face.