Chapter 8

Tomorrow was the party that Katsuki was now annoyed to go to. He would much rather continue on his so-called 'quest' to find this green-haired boy - who was his soulmate - than go to some random party and meet some depressed and broken-hearted boy, Izuku.

He was once again travelling through the different train carts every few stops and his eyes were also kept on the station to see if he was on the platform. Everyone thought he was crazy, but Katsuki did not care what others thought of him - only his soulmate. And he was going to fix the whole situation with him yelling at him. He just wanted to hug him and pull him close and whisper in his ear that he would never get mad again, but couldn't find him.

That party is a waste of time, he thought to himself groaning. He did not want to go and hang out with everyone, especially not this Izuku. He wanted to stay on the train because it was a Saturday, the day he knew his soulmate took the train. But no, he had to go. He had texted Kirishima telling him he didn't want to go and was expecting him to cover for him but he only said that because they missed the soulmate ceremony it would be rude and bad manners for him to miss this little party.

He was the first one on the train that day. He watched hundreds of people board and depart the train, focusing on their phones, friends, children or soulmates. As Katsuki watched the soulmate's he noticed specific things about each couple.

Every soulmate stared at their significant other/others with a look that portrayed utmost love. Their eyes would soften and a stupid love-sick smile would come upon their face or a stupid cocky smirk. Some people's facial expressions wouldn't change but Katsuki still noticed slight changes.

One couple that walked in were two boys, a boy with black hair, his arm wrapped around a shorter boy with fluffy orange hair. They both had light blush on their faces and the shorter boy's face had a small smile drawn on it but the taller boy had a determined glare on it. They sat next to each other when the shorter one pulled out a small volleyball keychain and was going on about how it was an exact replica of his favourite team's winning game ball.

He droned on about it for ages and he wasn't really paying attention to how the taller boy was reacting. When he finally finished he looked up at the black-haired boy and blushed as he realised that he was rambling. He noticed the taller boy relax his features slightly, changing his determined face to an awe-struck one. He pulled him into his shoulder and kissed the top of his head, whispering something along the lines of, "You're such a dumbass, Hinata". "But I'm your dumbass", Hinata said grinning in response, seemingly happy.

Katsuki was honestly mesmerised by the couple. They seemed like perfect opposites, enemies even, and here they were in love beyond his comprehension. In a way, he felt like that with his soulmate. The nameless boy he yelled at must hate him yet he was certain they would end up together. He just wanted to meet him. He was right under his nose and yet he had no clue where to find him. Only that he was short, had green hair, had someplace special to him in the area that Katsuki had his restaurant and that he seemed like a kind soul. Katsuki just wanted to be with him.

Not go to that stupid party with that stupid Izuku boy.

***

Izuku woke up and walked to the kitchen making himself some breakfast. He tried to recreate these special eggs from the episode of Master Chef but failed miserably as smoke filled his apartment. He cracked open a window trying to make sure that his smoke alarm did not go off because he was not tall enough to touch the machine. He threw his food in the bin and prayed for a soulmate that could cook because lord knew he could not for the life of him.

He made himself some toast and a cup of tea and drank it while watching some TV. He pulled out his phone and called Todoroki because he missed his best friend and wanted to know how his Goddaughter was doing. Over the phone, he heard his Goddaughter trying to talk to him with baby talk. "We have been trying to teach her how to speak. So far she knows 'mama', 'dada' and 'Zuzu'", Todoroki explained over the phone. Izuku's heart melted and he told Todoroki to continue trying to teach her English. Todoroki confirmed to him that he would continue trying to teach Yua.