Chapter 9

Katsuki woke up the day of the party. He checked the time and was surprised to see that he had naturally woken up at six am and decided to go to the gym. He finished his workout after two hours and returned home showering and getting dressed for the day. Making himself some breakfast, a text from Mina caught his eye.

Mina

hi, the party is at six pm :)

Katsuki liked the message and went to the train at around nine and stayed on the train the entire day. He continued his now daily routine of looking around each carriage and looking at the stations, once again not finding the green-haired boy. He scrolled on his phone looking through Instagram and pulled out his AirPods listening to some music.

He frowned as he noticed more and more couples board the train and he felt slightly jealous. He rolled his eyes at the people showing public displays of affection and pulled out his phone once again, seeing a message from his mother.

Old Hag

Dumbass, your father and I were looking through old albums and we found this photo of you and your childhood friend, Deku.

Dumbass

Guess I was still cute back then.

Old Hag

Yeah, what happened?

Katsuki scowled at his mother's message rolling his eyes. He left her on open and downloaded the picture onto his phone. He opened the photo once more and stared at the two boys, holding hands as they were asleep. They looked so happy and content with life as if nothing could wake them up from this dream they called childhood.

Katsuki remembered that day very well because it was the day they went to the beach that he now found so sentimental. He remembered Deku's cute giggles and laughs as he splashed water onto Katsuki. The sandcastles they had built together and the games they played. They were both so tired from the day, they both collapsed on Katsuki's parent's bed and had somehow ended up in that position with Deku holding Katsuki's hand.

A small smile grew on Katsuki's face as he remembered how protective he was over Deku, and as children, they would always pretend to be soulmates.

If he was here now, would he be disappointed in what I have done to my soulmate?

He set his phone down once again, looking out of the window, now missing his soulmate and childhood friend.

***

Izuku woke up, slightly excited. He had no clue as to why he was almost jittering from happiness but he was. Maybe it was because of how Mina's parties never held back or because he was just excited to see his friends again. He wasn't sure. But tonight, he knew would be different.

He got up from his bed and slid on his socks to the kitchen. He kissed the photo of his parents at his front door as he did every morning and began making himself some food, still not giving up despite yesterday where he almost burnt the house down. He turned on some music and was dancing while taking a bit of his sandwich between every chorus and verse.