Chapter 16

Yawning and turning off the alarm clock, Katsuki sat upon his bed. He grabbed his phone as he headed to the bathroom to brush his teeth and checked the time. He had enough time to go to the gym and head to the restaurant. He changed into his workout clothes and walked down to the local gym, the music from his headphones pumping in his ears. 

He stopped by the machines and the weights working on his upper body today and taking a drink of his protein shake occasionally. He finished and went home to shower and get dressed. He caught the train, as usual, sitting in his normal seat. He pulled out his phone, unlocking it and staring at the photo of Izuku momentarily. 

Tomorrow is Friday. I better figure something out quick. 

He got off at his normal stop and walked to the restaurant, opening the door, his scowl present on his face, and walked to the back grunting in acknowledgment at his staff. He walked to his seat, being the last person in for the day. 

"Bakubro," Kirishima greeted him. "Shitty-hair," Bakugo returned. "I guess his high has come down," Mina snorted taking an obnoxiously loud sip of her iced coffee. Katsuki merely flipped her off and turned on his laptop. He opened photobooth momentarily to see the photos he took with Izuku. He may have looked angry in the photos, but really he was bursting with joy. He looked at the photo where he kissed the shorter boy on the cheek, and a small smile flickered on his face. It was gone as soon as it came, though. 

"Was I imagining that or did our Bakugo smile," Sero exclaimed sarcastically. "No, no. That was definitely a smile. Whatcha' lookin' at bro," Kaminari grinned before dashing to Katsuki's side. Katsuki had just managed to close the app, the screen disappearing as Kaminari appeared next to him. "Nothing, dunce-face. Sit your ass down," Katsuki snorted, although the tips of his ears were red. 

Everyone laughed as Kaminari pouted, except for Kirishima who somehow seemed to notice Katsuki's change in demeanour. Kirishima shrugged it off allowing Katsuki to work silently without any questions, although a million were running in his mind. "We're going on our lunch break," Sero said, "You guys coming?" Katsuki nodded. "Hey, Shitty-hair, before we go can we talk for a sec," Katsuki asked as the trio had already left. "Sure man. Does this have something to do with that train thing," Kirishima asked. 

"Well, yeah," Katsuki nodded, standing up and stretching. "They're my soulmate. No, I won't tell you who it is. It's complicated because I messed up and tomorrow I have all day to win them back. Any suggestions?" Kirishima's eyes were blown wide. "Well, my soulmate always enjoys going to an open area, like a park or something," Kirishima said after his initial shock. 

Katsuki nodded and walked out, Kirishima following after him. Katsuki continued to try and think of date ideas he thought Izuku would enjoy. As the group ate, his mind flowed to different cheesy movie ideas he could steal inspiration from. Maybe he would enjoy being in the open like Kirishima suggested? Katsuki had no clue what he was doing. 

As he played with the fries on his plate he got a text. 

Izuuuuku 

hi :) plans for tmrw so I know what to wear 

Katsuki's heart quickened with excitement and his palms began to sweat slightly. 

Katsuki

It is a surprise but we will be outside, I can tell you that much. 

Izuuuuku 

okyyyy text me more details tonite :) 

Katsuki

Sure. 

Katsuki messed up. 

He had no clue what to do tomorrow and he already told Izuku that they would be outside. His mind flitted through cheesy ideas when he finally stumbled on one he knew he would enjoy.