o

5 girls left. today's recipient: sierra merchant

vicky held her super official, investigative notebook in her hands. seated at the lunch table next to lucy, she eyed the two boys in front of her.

"you two are awfully suspicious." she said, observing them closely.

"you say that to all the boys in our class, vicky." jungwon smiled, teasing slightly.

"well, you guys are super suspicious." she defended.

"oh yeah, sure. you just want to say that you figured it out." tony complained, stealing a few pieces of pineapple from his friend's plate.

"dude, stop it." jungwon said, smacking the mischievous boy's hand away.

"ahem. continuing..." vicky announced, bringing eyes back on her. "tony relayed his case, which i don't buy-"

"you believe me, right lucy?" tony interrupted, right cheek full of pineapple.

"no, obviously not." she giggled at the boy, who was upset with her response. "hey guys, i completely forgot but i have to help the history teacher set up the bulletin board. i'll see you in physical education!"

"wait no, you have to be on my side." tony whined, trailing after the girl leaving the table.

"wow, they just ditched us." jungwon laughed in disbelief, eyes following the pair as the left the lunchroom.

"yeah, they did." vicky agreed with a small pout on her face. jungwon couldn't help but focus on her cute expression and bright eyes, almost missing what she said next. "anyways, how do i know you're not behind all the arriving tulips, huh? what's your justification mister?"

the boy gave her a soft smile, realizing that she was back into detective mode.

"well for starters, i don't even talk to all the girls in our grade. i don't think that i would ever be able to write a note for each of them." jungwon paused, thinking carefully. "plus, when i show up late to school, the flowers are already here, so it couldn't be me."

"fair enough..." vicky sighed.