l

3 girls left. today's recipient: anna-rose west

vicky was confused. and shocked. and attempting to make sense of the whole situation. her mouth froze in the shape of a 'o', unable to form coherent thoughts about the actions of the boy in front of her.

jungwon opened his mouth to speak behind the mask before he realized that she'd recognize his voice immediately. resorting to making simple actions and pointing around the store, he attempted to ask how he could be of assistance.

"oh!" vicky clapped her hands, remembering her task in the first place. "it's my mom's birthday tomorrow and she really loves daisies and chrysanthemums. do you have a bouquet or some assortment of them?"

he moved from behind the counter as if to say, follow me. as the girl trailed along behind him, she couldn't help but notice the yellow tulips to her right. she knew that its possible for flowers to look similar, but based on the way the employee had reacted to her, she couldn't shake the feeling that he had something to do with the tulip event happening for the girls at school.

"it's you, isn't it? the tulip deliverer?" vicky announced straightforwardly, hand reaching out to touch the yellow tulips beside her.

she didn't miss the way his eyes widened. there was a familiarity present in his chocolate brown eyes, and she wanted to uncover it. he looked left and right, as if caught in the spotlight by accident.

"i'm right, aren't i?" she continued, taking a step forward, causing the startled boy to take a step back, eyes moving frantically away from the girl. she made another advance forward, resulting in the boy's retreat backwards as well.

only this time, he accidentally stepped on the rim of a large basket containing flower petals behind him. his misstep caused the sloped basket to tip forward, sending a shower of petals over the two. soon they all fell to the ground, leaving two to look each other in the eye once more.

jungwon held her gaze, this was the first time he had truly been able to see the girl he had been pining after without the shy best friend exterior. he felt bold, stronger and more confident. he focused on her eyes, hesitantly reaching to move the chunk of hair that had fallen in front of her shoulder. he knew it bothered her and that she preferred her hair behind her back, so that it was out of her face. he wanted to reveal himself, but he knew that a more obvious action would give him away or make you feel uncomfortable.

jungwon's grandma had raced to the front of the store, eyes widening in surprise at both the mess of color and the close proximity of this girl and her grandson.

vicky, on the other hand, felt incredibly flustered by the boys unwavering gaze. she knew that she knew him, but she didn't know what to do with all the attention. unable to hold the boy's stare any longer, the girl let her eyes wander around the store, eventually settling on a bouquet consisting of the flowers she had desired.

as she side-stepped the flower petals to reach for it, jungwon went back to his place at the counter. he failed to avoid eye contact with his grandmother and felt slightly embarrassed when she gave him a good-humored, corny thumbs up behind the girls back. she quickly resumed her normal posture, when the girl turned around to approach the cashier.

quickly paying for the bouquet, vicky got ready to exit before she hesitated. she locked eyes with the brown-eyed boy one last time before saying, "i want to know who you are." then she left the flower shop, leaving the boy to rest in his thoughts again.

when the door closed behind her, the boy removed the mask off his face and let out a heavy sigh. he looked up to his grandma with all the pity in his eyes that he could muster, requesting her to only show sympathy for the boy.

his grandmother burst out in a hearty chuckle, "don't tell me that was the girl you like-"

jungwon let out a loud groan, resting his elbows on the counter and burying his face in his hands.