s

none left. today's recipient: the girl.

vicky skipped to class eagerly that morning. she even got there 15 minutes early, dragging lucy's hand fervently and, lo and behold, there it was: a simple yellow tulip.

she felt her heart beating out of her chest as she opened the simple note.

perplexed by the words written inside, she read them out loud, trying to process it. come to the courtyard.

"well, what are you waiting for?" lucy's knowing smile, revealed her part in this. "aren't you curious?"

"well yes, of course. but what if it's not-" vicky questioned, second-guessing her intuition.

"do you trust me?" a nod from vicky prompted her to continue. "then go, you'll be really happy."

and the girl ran. her pink skirt fluttered in the wind as her vans-clad feet hit the pavement. when she reached the garden, she was surprised by the pretty lights strung across the trees. a voice with soft vocals filled the area around her. she twirled in awe, admiring the scenery and golden voice that she was hearing.

after a few moments, the words registered in her head. someone was walking to her with a microphone in his hand. when he walked out of the shade, and the sunlight began to shine on his face, she felt her breath hitch.

jungwon was walking towards her. singing to her. confessing to her.

really like you, i'll hold your hand tight

i'll not let go of this hand

hold onto both warm hands and look at the sky

i really like you, i really really like you

if we're together, we can shine whenever forever

with you

the final chords began to play it, and vicky felt like she was holding her breath. jungwon placed the microphone on the side and picked up a bouquet of yellow tulips. hidden within them, was a single red tulip. with one hand, he picked up vicky's hand, interlocking their fingers tightly.

she glanced down at their hands, before looking back up at his eyes. she was right, they were his eyes. it had always been his eyes.

"so i really hope you don't reject me after this, but the finally delivery goes to you. it's you, vicky. it's always been you." jungwon confessed, laughing slightly at the end. he gave her the bouquet, and smiled shyly before saying, "and i hope it's been me too."

"wow." the girl smiled, flustered by everything that had happened. "i just- wow."

jungwon laughed, hoping to calm the girl's nerves. "you haven't smacked me yet, so i think that's a good sign." behind his bright, teasing eyes was a complicated mixture of fear and hope. if she looked closely, his raise brows and clammy hands would give it away.

she administered a soft smack to his arm, before looking at the tulips one more time. "it's always been you too. i really really like you too." she smiled, and then he smiled. and both began giggling shyly, exchanging glances with each other.

animatedly gesturing to the decorations, vicky laughed, saying. "but you didn't have to do all this for me."

"i thought i might have to go a little over the top, just in case you were thinking of rejecting me. i thought the mystery might interest you." he raised his arm, reaching to scratch the back of his neck out of nervousness.

"it did, thank you." vicky bashfully confessed, remembering her detective antics.

"i had some pretty great help-"

"move out of the way love-birds," announced mister tony nam as he made his way towards to pair.

"yeah, where's our credit?!" lucy cried, running towards her best friend, swinging an arm around her shoulder.

it all fell into place in vicky's mind, turning to lucy. "you wrote all the notes."

"correct." her best friend winked at her.

then vicky turned to tony and jungwon. "and you two took turns delivering the flowers."

"also correct," tony chuckled, lightly flicking the girl on the head. "now if you'll excuse us, we have important business to take care of."

lucy and tony began to walk away slowly, before turning around, running away quickly and screaming, "like re-watch this video of you guys we just took so that we can embarrass you guys in the future!"

vicky let out a cute huff in response to their best friends' actions, before she looked back at jungwon and grinned. "remind me to thank your grandma for these lovely flowers."

"hey, what about me? where's my thank you?" jungwon inquired, dimples making an appearance on either side of his face.

"you get..." vicky pretended to think about it for a second, before pressing a quick soft kiss to the boy's cheek and running away.

"hey! wait up!" and he took off behind her as well, smile unbreakable.

the end.