Chapter 3

Enjoy!

Y/n

Mrs Weasley took us to Diagon Alley the next morning and now, we're walking to the platform with the rest of the Order. I look down as I feel rough fur rub up against my leg. Sirius passes by me and walks up to Harry, keeping a steady pace with him.

I look at Hermione, then at Harry and ask, "What's been going on with him? He seems distant... Has he told you anything, Mione?" She shakes her head and sighs, "No, he hasn't really spoken to anyone besides Sirius since he got back from the trial. I'm kind of worried for him."

"No kidding," I scoff. "I thought I heard one of the Order members say that Dumbledore was there during the trial. I don't really know much more than that." I say, tapping my chin with my index finger. I glance at Hermione and she's looking up ahead at Harry, Sirius still by his side. I put my hand on her upper arm and give her a warm smile, hoping that it comforts her in the slightest.

I look behind me at the rest of the Order and all the Weasleys. They all look straight-faced and serious. I sigh and cross my arms looking forward. "I don't like that everyone's been so upset recently.." I think as I turn my head back, facing forward.

Mad-Eye whisper-yells something to Sirius as he leads Harry to the station's Waiting Room. I look at Hermione and ask, "Padfoot's not supposed to be here, is he?" I point over to the Waiting Room. Hermione shakes her head, "No.." I nod and we keep walking, already boarding the train. 

Harry boards with us and once he does, he immediately falls asleep against the glass. 

A short while later, we make it to the dark walkway up to the castle. Ron grabs my bag from the top and hands it to me. I thank him and put it over my shoulder, following him out of the compartment. As the four of us walk, we hear an annoying, fast-mouthed, platinum blond voice coming up behind us, "Surprised the Ministry is still letting you walk around freely, Potter. You better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it." Malfoy gets in Harry's face and Harry goes to punch him. 

Ron grabs his arms and restrains him before he does anything too rash. I look at Malfoy with a glare of disgust and he starts speaking again, "What'd I tell you?-" Harry cuts him off, yelling at him, "You just stay away from me!"

"It's only Malfoy, what'd you expect?" Ron says, still holding Harry by the arms. Harry forces him off and continues walking. I put a hand on Ron's arm as Hermione follows Harry, going ahead of us.  We keep walking behind them and Ron grabs my hand. I see Neville approach Harry and Hermione from behind, as do we. "Hey guys." Neville says, looking at us. Harry stares off at the carriage that just left and we all respond, "Hi, Neville." 

I see Harry turn around and his eyes widen. I turn to see what he's looking at and its another carriage with those skeletal looking black horses pulling it. I glance at Harry and the others turn to see what we're looking at. "Wha- What is that? Pulling the carriage?" Harry asks. 

"Nothing's pulling the carriage, Harry. It's pulling itself, like always." Hermione says, looking at him. "He's right Hermione, there is something pulling the carriage. I had no idea you guys couldn't see it though.." I turn to them. Harry continues staring at it while walking over the carriage part. "You're not going mad. I can see them too. You're just as sane as I am." We all board the carriage and I smile at the blonde girl to my left. "Everyone, this is Loony Love- Luna Lovegood." Hermione cuts herself off and goes quiet for a second before finishing her sentence. 

"An interesting necklace." Hermione says, trying to strike up conversation. "It's a charm, actually. It keeps away the Nargles." Luna leans closer to everyone and whispers the last bit. I look at Ron on Luna's left side and smile shrugging. He looks back at me and his eyes go a little wider. "I'm hungry. I hope there's pudding." Luna says, sitting up again.