Chapter 6

Alrighty then, majority of the comments on the last chapter say Harmione, so Harmione it is! Also, I know it was wrong for Y/n to say that (about Cho) in front of Hermione in Ch 5 but it was part of the script, someone had to say it :/ Enjoy!

Y/n

"Well, how was it?" Ron asks with a cheeky grin on his face. I slightly glance at Hermione as she's sitting in an armchair near Harry with a flustered, jealous blush on her face. "Wet. I mean, she was sort of crying." Harry responds while sitting in front of the fireplace on the floor. "That bad at it, are you?" Ron snickers and I roll my eyes, looking down at Harry. "I'm sure Harry's kissing was more than satisfactory." Hermione says defensively, an obvious blush rising to her cheeks. 

"Cho spends half her time crying these days," I say, looking down at Harry. "You'd think a bit of snogging would cheer her up." Ron smiles and shrugs and I ignore him, "Well, don't you understand how she must be feeling? Oh, obviously she was feeling sad about Cedric, therefore confused about liking Harry, then feeling guilty about kissing him, conflicted because they're threatening to sack her mom from her job at the Ministry, and frightened about failing her OWLs because she's already busy worrying about everything else." I explain, stopping to take a breath at the end, then looking between the three of them. 

Ron scoffs and says, "One person couldn't feel all that. They'd explode."

"That's because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon." Hermione retorts, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms. I put my hand over my mouth, smiling. Ron starts to laugh and I burst out laughing as well, Harry and Hermione just smiling at the two of us. 

***

Christmas break, we all took off school and stayed at 12 Grimmauld Place. The entire Weasley family was there after the incident with Harry dreaming about Ron's dad being badly injured at the Ministry. Every time I look at him I feel so sorry for him, he just look awful. 

Ginny sits between Ron and I and I sit across from Hermione and the twins on her left. Mr Weasley sits at the head of the table with a purple paper crown and Mrs Weasley has the biggest grin on her face, being incredibly grateful about her husband being okay. "Presents!" Mrs Weasley exclaims, passing out gifts to everyone. I get a little bag with something soft inside. 

I take the bow off and open it to see a pair of hand-knitted gloves with my first initial on it. I smile and put them on. They fit perfectly and I smile, seeing the quirky design and feeling happy that I have a real family. I take them off and put them on the table, thanking Mrs Weasley with a smile. She waves it off and we all start passing out drinks. Harry walks in and Mrs Weasley gives him his present and walks back to her husband. "Toast! A Christmas toast to Mr Harry Potter, without whom, I would not be here. Harry." Mr Weasley announces and we all raise out glasses to him, all saying his name unison after Mr Weasley finishes. 

"I can't understand why you don't want to wear it, Ronald." Hermione says, shaking her head while walking down the stairs. Ron, Harry, and I follow her down and Ron responds, "Because I look like a bloody idiot, that's why." 

"No more than usual, Ronald." Hermione retorts, making me giggle in return. 

The day we got to spend time with each other, getting presents and welcoming Mr Weasley back home, just happened to be the same day we're going back to Hogwarts. It was a very quick trip, it felt faster than normal actually, and once we arrived, Harry went walking off with Cho. 

I look at Hermione and give her a smile, and she nods in return. Ron's looking off somewhere else, then he turns to us excitedly, "Did you hear what that person just said?!" I look at him with a confused glance and he says that he heard Hagrid's back.