Chapter 5

Enjoy!

Y/n

I shove my gloved hands in my pockets as the four of us walk to the Hog's Head in the cold, Harry's been complaining about how he's a nutter and how he can't ever be a teacher. I roll my eyes as I follow behind Hermione. "Look on the bright side, you can't be any worse than toad-face." Ron says, shrugging his shoulders as we approach the front of the Hog's Head.

"Thanks, Ron." Harry says. "Who're we supposed to be meeting here, anyway?" I ask, kind of starting to get pissy because of the cold. "Just a couple of people." Hermione responds, opening the partially rotting door of the bar. "Lovely spot." Ron says, glancing around the room.

"Thought it would be safer off the beaten track." Hermione says, looking around the room.

We set up for everyone, the four of us sitting in front of the unlit fireplace. "Hi. So you know why we're all here," Hermione says, standing up off her stool and presenting herself to everyone that she invited to this dump, "We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One that's had real experience defending themselves against the dark arts."

"Why?" Some random kid in the front retorts, giving a weird face. "Why? 'cause You-Know-Who's back, ya tosspot." Ron says to the kid in the front. I look at the kid and he keeps talking, "So he says."

"So Dumbledore says." Hermione fires back.

"So Dumbledore says because he says," The kid says again, "The point is, where's the proof?"

Another kid with long hair sitting next to Ginny starts asking how Cedric got killed. Harry stands and says, "I'm not going to talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, you better clear out now."

Everyone stays where they are, silently. I look up at Harry as he whispers to Hermione about him being a freak. "Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?" Luna asks out of the blue. "Yes. I've seen it." Hermione responds for him.

"Blimey, Harry, I didn't know you could do that." Dean exclaims from his spot next to Neville. "And he killed a basilisk with a sword in Dumbledore's office." Neville tells everyone. Ginny confirms it and Ron starts talking, "Third year, he fought off about a hundred dementors at once."

"And last year, he really did fight off You-Know-Who in the flesh." Hermione tells them proudly. "Wait, when you say it like that, it sounds great, but the truth is, most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time, I nearly always had help." Harry says, trying to dim down the truth.

"He's just being modest." I say, shaking my head. "No, Y/n, I'm not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. At school, you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow. But out there, where you're a second away from being murdered, or watching a friend die right before your eyes, you don't know what it's like." Harry sits on the stool and stares at the ground.

"You're right, Harry, we don't. That's why we need your help. Because, if we're going to have any chance of beating..." Hermione stays silent for a few moments before picking back up again, "Voldemort."

"He's really back." A young boy in the front says. I nod and look at Harry as he sits there silently.

The four of us write our names on a piece of paper, then leave it on the table so everyone else can write their names. They're all lined up, writing their names one by one, and the page starts gradually filling up. I look at Ron and smile.

We've all left the Hog's Head and a few of us are now following Harry back to the castle, "Right. Now we need to find a place to practice, where Umbrige won't find out."